I am guessing there is an answer for this somewhere, but I did a hard reset on my phone yesterday and I cannot find the setting to remove the weather forecast from showing up in my calendar. Before the hard reset I didnt have this. Not sure why this is annoying me, but it is kicking in my anal retentiveness. Please let me know if this is currently possible, and thanks in advance.
    03-25-2016 03:52 PM
    Using a browser: Calendar.live.com > settings gear icon (top right) > option > remove option for weather
    Player Piano and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-25-2016 04:29 PM
    Using a browser: Calendar.live.com > settings gear icon (top right) > option > remove option for weather
    I already have that unchecked. Still showing up on my phone's outlook calendar.
    ven07 likes this.
    03-25-2016 04:33 PM
    Any other suggestions?
    03-25-2016 04:36 PM
    Any other suggestions?
    When did you remove it? Giving the servers some time to play catchup might be in order :p

You could also remove the account from the phone (settings > email+account) and add it again
    03-25-2016 04:44 PM
    When did you remove it? Giving the servers some time to play catchup might be in order :p

You could also remove the account from the phone (settings > email+account) and add it again
    I removed it years ago.
    ven07 likes this.
    03-25-2016 04:48 PM
    I removed it years ago.
    Lol I guess it has had time to do it's thing.. Removing the account and adding it again might help. In the calendar app (phone) under settings, there is also a weather option. Mine doesn't show anything, but check yours
    03-25-2016 04:56 PM
    Lol I guess it has had time to do it's thing.. Removing the account and adding it again might help. In the calendar app (phone) under settings, there is also a weather option. Mine doesn't show anything, but check yours
    Yeah I tried that already. I will try to remove the account and add it back.
    03-25-2016 05:02 PM
    No such luck. Weather forecast still there. Don't know why this bothers me, but I know it wasn't there before I reset my phone.
    ven07 likes this.
    03-25-2016 05:58 PM
    No such luck. Weather forecast still there. Don't know why this bothers me, but I know it wasn't there before I reset my phone.
    I'll see if anyone else knows
    Player Piano likes this.
    03-25-2016 08:09 PM
    im-back.png

Sorry for the theatrics :D Couldn't resist tho. So after collaborating all night (it was more like 10 minutes tops) with my colleagues (mainly Techfreak1 + RumoredNow) I think we have your solution..

• Settings > privacy > location > turn off location for mail + calendar (not sure if this will have any impact on traffic alerts)
    • Calendar.live.com > settings gear icon > options > turn off weather data (which you already did)
    • (I also did a hard reset, but I think removing the account and adding it again should have the same effect)
    • And finally; waiting. Took about 8-10 hours for my changes to take place, luckily I was sleeping in the meantime :p

Hope it works for you
    Player Piano likes this.
    03-26-2016 02:47 PM
    I don't know how to say thanks enough on this. It is much appreciated and I like the theatrics.

Here is where I am at. I did switch off the location setting in the privacy menu yesterday afternoon at some point. Today, now when I open the calendar it is only showing the forecast for the next 2 days, while before then it was displaying the next 4 days prior to switching it off. I think patience is the key for me now.
    ven07 likes this.
    03-27-2016 10:40 AM
    I don't know how to say thanks enough on this. It is much appreciated and I like the theatrics.

Here is where I am at. I did switch off the location setting in the privacy menu yesterday afternoon at some point. Today, now when I open the calendar it is only showing the forecast for the next 2 days, while before then it was displaying the next 4 days prior to switching it off. I think patience is the key for me now.
    Lol no thanks needed :) sometimes it's fun to learn new things :D

Keep us updated on your situation tho. Like I said, I did throw in a hard reset in between, but I'm not sure if that had any impact. Just checked my calendar again to confirm and the weather icons are still gone
    03-27-2016 12:51 PM

Keep us updated on your situation tho. Like I said, I did throw in a hard reset in between, but I'm not sure if that had any impact. Just checked my calendar again to confirm and the weather icons are still gone
    Since my 520 a few years ago, I can't remember a Calendar without forecast, even in 8.1..... That's so true, people is so different one by one :D
    ven07 likes this.
    03-27-2016 01:02 PM
    Since my 520 a few years ago, I can't remember a Calendar without forecast, even in 8.1..... That's so true, people is so different one by one :D
    I have IFTTT/pushalot set up to send my weather data so having it in my calendar was kind of overkill anyways :p but I did turn on the feature when it was first available, because it was handy to simply look at my calendar and get a sense of what the next few days might look like with regards to the weather and my appointments
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    03-27-2016 01:10 PM

Update: As of today I am just getting forecasts for today and tomorrow. Getting better day by day. So nice to see my calendar with less clutter!
    ven07 likes this.
    03-28-2016 12:48 PM
    Another update: Weather forecasts are officially gone from outlook calendar on my phone!!
    ven07 likes this.
    03-31-2016 12:22 PM
    Another update: Weather forecasts are officially gone from outlook calendar on my phone!!
    Lol that was a long journey, but congrats :) side note: what's up with the name and avatar tho? (just curious)
    03-31-2016 08:52 PM
    Lol that was a long journey, but congrats :) side note: what's up with the name and avatar tho? (just curious)
    Not familiar with Kurt Vonnegut?
    04-01-2016 11:40 AM
    Not familiar with Kurt Vonnegut?
    I wasn't :/ I am now
    Player Piano likes this.
    04-01-2016 04:53 PM
    I just went through the same thing with my Microsoft Band 2. The Calendar app was showing the weather for my ZIP code. None of the calendar apps on my Android phone were showing it. If you're syncing with Google Calendar, do this:
    Go to calendar.google.com
    Click Gear > Settings
    Scroll down to "Show weather based on my location"
    Set to No.

Hope that helps!
    -Helmet
    09-18-2016 08:30 AM