Ring Video Doorbell Application / Redstone Builds

ResonantEcho

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using a Microsoft Lumia 950 on the latest Redstone OS build. Two builds ago my Ring Video Doorbell application quit working. Upon launch it will display the splash screen for 20+ seconds and go back to the start screen.

Has anyone else using the application experienced this on the Redstone builds? I've un/reinstalled it numerous times with no luck. All the other applications work fine.

Hopefully there are some Ring Video Doorbell users out there. :) If so I hope you're giving them input on this. I've been on them for the last week and while they're quick to respond, it doesn't seem like they think the problem is on their end. I would agree with this if I had other applications stop working. However, that isn't the case.

ResonantEcho

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the ring application working on 950xl. Not on an insider build. It is working fine.

So how long does it take to get past the splash screen on your 950XL? Even when it was working for me it would take about 25 seconds to get past it and into the applications activity screen.

Not sure what Redstone did to break it. As I mentioned, all the other applications I use on the phone still work.

Thanks for the response.

ResonantEcho

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the ring application working on 950xl. Not on an insider build. It is working fine.

Does it take about 25 seconds to get past the splash screen on your 950XL?

Not sure what Redstone did to break it, but as I mentioned all the other applications on my phone still work properly.

j o e l

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I had Ring for a month now and it has worked fine on my 950xl. That is, until I installed 14327. Now it will crash after showing the splash screen for 20+ seconds. Restarting, soft-reset, re-install didn't work. I chalk it up to 14327 for now since it still works on my wife's phone (10586.218). Oh well, she will just have to answer the door to let the Mormons know we're atheists...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos