When I upgrade from WP8.1 to WP10, what do I need to update?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

So what I'm asking is... Do I need to resubscribe to podcasts, redownload store purchased music, re-sync accounts, reconnect all bluetooth devices, etc.

What stays and what do I need to update?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
So what I'm asking is... Do I need to resubscribe to podcasts, redownload store purchased music, re-sync accounts, reconnect all bluetooth devices, etc.

What stays and what do I need to update?

All you had done and saved in settings -> backup will be restored. Included apps list , they will be downloaded in W10 version automatically form Store (and that's the longest part of process).
Same as Messages , Contacts, Home screen color and settings.
iF your music , photos and videos are in on a sd card, it will be not touched. If you don't trust, remove it.
If you don't own a sd, save music to a pc via usb cable, so after all you'll move it again in phone.
That's exactly the same you should do on a notebook / pc.
After everything will be finished, you'll check everything gone fine and eventually correct settings not copied (tipically notifies, alarms, sounds)

AJ Scoggz

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
All you had done and saved in settings -> backup will be restored. Included apps list , they will be downloaded in W10 version automatically form Store (and that's the longest part of process).
Same as Messages , Contacts, Home screen color and settings.
iF your music , photos and videos are in on a sd card, it will be not touched. If you don't trust, remove it.
If you don't own a sd, save music to a pc via usb cable, so after all you'll move it again in phone.
That's exactly the same you should do on a notebook / pc.
After everything will be finished, you'll check everything gone fine and eventually correct settings not copied (tipically notifies, alarms, sounds)

Thanks a bunch :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)