Skype vs Microsoft Messaging contacts - questions

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm confused about the listing of some of my contacts in the People app. I think all of my Skype contacts were a result of searching my Facebook contacts except for manually adding one of my brothers and my mother in Skype. I'm noticing that many of my Skype contacts have a duplicate username that is listed as a Microsoft Messaging contact.

I had linked my Facebook and Windows Live accounts about 5 years ago, so I'm sure that is how I initially added the Microsoft Messaging contacts because I've never used MSN Messenger or Microsoft Messaging to contact anyone. Is Skype and Microsoft Messaging the same thing now, or are these still two separate platforms? If they are separate, is it normal for users to have the same screen name on both platforms?

My next issue is managing Skype contacts. I have several Skype contacts who were added after searching my Facebook friends for Skype accounts. Many of the contacts are either too hard to identify based on the screen name or they are someone I'd never want to contact using Skype. How does a person go about removing a Skype contact?

My brother has a strange situation on his Windows 10 phone. He has a Skype contact entry that shows both my Skype screen name and our other brother's screen name as separate phone numbers on one contact (not a linked contact). Since this is a Skype contact entry, there is no option to edit or delete this entry. The Skype website doesn't seem to offer contact management either. Can someone point me in the right direction to handle these unwanted/invalid Skype contacts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon