New Improvements for 512mb Ram Devices

CrazyBoy05

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
If the Lumia devices with only 512mb ram won't get the windows 10 update, we should have different improvement for our phones don't you think? Like the apps getting updated? Or new lockscreen design? I think these kind of phone should have little improvements too and not getting stuck with these old and boring features. Please improve and never forget 512mb devices! Thanks.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft doesn't really care about those models anymore, or anything related to Windows Phone 8.1 anymore.

You best bet is to use the Windows Insider program, but that can potentially cause some issues. I think it'll be reasonably OK however.

CrazyBoy05

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft doesn't really care about those models anymore, or anything related to Windows Phone 8.1 anymore.

You best bet is to use the Windows Insider program, but that can potentially cause some issues. I think it'll be reasonably OK however.

That's what I notice too, they don't care about these devices anymore but there are still some people who uses this device. They should've done something about this

Last edited:

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
That's what I notice too, they don't care about these devices anymore but there are still some people who uses this device. They should've done something about this

Your life will be transformed once you buy a phone with 1gb ram and a decent CPU. Trust me I didn't understand either until I switched from a 620 to a 735. There's a HUUUUGE difference in performance and multitasking.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

CrazyBoy05

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Your life will be transformed once you buy a phone with 1gb ram and a decent CPU. Trust me I didn't understand either until I switched from a 620 to a 735. There's a HUUUUGE difference in performance and multitasking.

Yeah, No. I'm deciding on switching platforms if there is no improvements for 512mb ram devices. It's not really worth the risk spending money again on this platform expecting it to be better because it's not and it never will be.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, No. I'm deciding on switching platforms if there is no improvements for 512mb ram devices. It's not really worth the risk spending money again on this platform expecting it to be better because it's not and it never will be.

I don't blame you.

(FWIW, the 512 MB Lumia 630 performs a whole lot better than its last gen 512 MB counterparts, although it still not perfect.)

It's getting better, but Microsoft isn't evoking confidence in me they will be confident enough to do everything they need to right. If you need a budget phone to switch to, you probably would be best served with an older iPhone (NOT a 4s) or Google Nexus (at least a 5) if you're looking at older high-end phones. The Moto E, G if you're looking for something newer, but cheap.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Umm that's a vague statement ain't it? And if you're really thinking about switching to a different platform then what's the intent of this post? There's hundreds of them already.

npoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not saying this to offend anyone, but phones like the Lumia 620 are 3 years old and by today standards the hardware is really outdated.

You might switch of platform and feel like everything is better, faster and happier. It'll be the new hardware what'll make you feel that. A few years later you'll be in the same position you're today.

CrazyBoy05

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Umm that's a vague statement ain't it? And if you're really thinking about switching to a different platform then what's the intent of this post? There's hundreds of them already.

I'm thinking about switching platforms IF there is no improvements on this device. Tbh, I really like my experience on windows phone, I like the UI more than the android, But no updates or improvements? That sucks really bad. And the fact that they mentioned that the Lumia 520 will have the windows 10 update. I've waited a year for this windows 10 update and now we get nothing but this boring and old 8.1

CrazyBoy05

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm not saying this to offend anyone, but phones like the Lumia 620 are 3 years old and by today standards the hardware is really outdated.

You might switch of platform and feel like everything is better, faster and happier. It'll be the new hardware what'll make you feel that. A few years later you'll be in the same position you're today.

True though, but atleast everything is updated right?

npoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If you mean apps, the answer should be yes. If you mean the OS that depends on Google, Manufacturer and carrier of the phone.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok, hold on. If you had said you're looking into an iPhone, then sure, go for it. Android though? You'll be looking into the same story then. Low end phones are not worth upgrading after some time because of their low specs....

If you want more support from an OS, spend the money.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
And the fact that they mentioned that the Lumia 520 will have the windows 10 update. I've waited a year for this windows 10 update and now we get nothing but this boring and old 8.1
You can blame that on all the Insiders who tested W10M on their 520's and other older devices and gave it low performance scores. That was the basis for Microsoft deciding that the user experience on the 512MB phones would not be good enough for the majority of those devices.

CrazyBoy05

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok, hold on. If you had said you're looking into an iPhone, then sure, go for it. Android though? You'll be looking into the same story then. Low end phones are not worth upgrading after some time because of their low specs....

If you want more support from an OS, spend the money.

Was thinking about that oneplus X, Really cheap smartphone for its features and specs.

Ps. Not a fan of iPhone

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Was thinking about that oneplus X, Really cheap smartphone for its features and specs.

Ps. Not a fan of iPhone

Talking about support you can get a new Nexus 5X 32GB for more or less the same price. Plus it runs vanilla Android and gets monthly updates directly from Google.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Get a moto g and your life will be fine. Even if you suddenly don't get the latest update, there always custom Roms.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05