System & Reserved hogging space

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey all , Im using Lumia 730-- WP10 .164 build. Have already done Hard Reset following the upgrade.. and my System & Reserved is going up day by day, I will soon run out of space. I thought Microsoft has fixed this issue(previously on Wp8.1, "Others" folder was going up in space).

It's currently on 4.2GB with 1.75GB overall space left. Is there any way to reduce this system hogging space? I have 2 emails(with full download imagery setting turned off) accounts running on manual push. All 'Save locations' are pointed to SD card. I must tell you that Whatsapp is however on internal memory as app does not move to sd card location.

Any tips to resolve this issue would be much appreciated. Cheers

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Sure, mine sstarted out on 2.5GB i dont remember exactly. It's just going up. Anyone know what all contributes to *System&Reserved* .. I dont want to do Hard Reset right now, maybe after 3 months of use.

R u using Whtsapp, abhishek? The space usage thing is exactly like the "Others" on Wp8.1. Report back your usage after a week pls :)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Sure, mine sstarted out on 2.5GB i dont remember exactly. It's just going up. Anyone know what all contributes to *System&Reserved* .. I dont want to do Hard Reset right now, maybe after 3 months of use.

R u using Whtsapp, abhishek? The space usage thing is exactly like the "Others" on Wp8.1. Report back your usage after a week pls :)

I guess that's the last build expanded files not deleted by system still

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, just a small update here. The system space reduced by itself to 3.99GB this morning :devil:

@Troso, I think you're right bro :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon