Is it possible to revert back to WP8.1 after W10 mobile update by using UPGRADE ADVISOR app?

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Using Lumia 1520. So will the Lumia recovery tool help in restoring old SW or will it fresh install W10 again?
Would be better to hear from a person who has done it.
Thanks in advance!

carryonvending

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
re:

Just recovered my Lumia 620 as I write.

Very Quick very slick.

The preview worked 95%

However, as MS are not going to support 620 yet... it was prudent to revert.

carryonvending

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
re:

Interesting.. It reverts to CYAN... then says there is a update to Denim
Nice to have an OS that seems bug free.
My Lumia 930 is getting there, but still a few bugs... Notifications and personal sounds system is flaky. No HEY Cortana. Photos don't sync correctly, The personalisation of Live Tiles for photos plus others leave a lot to be desired. Sky News app won't work now MS News is added (Wonder why???) Other Live tiles don't update automatically, they need opening to refresh.
Looks great, but a very panic orientated upgrade to 'get Win 10 Mobile' out there. Hope there will be a major overwrite update shortly.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
re:

Interesting.. It reverts to CYAN... then says there is a update to Denim
Nice to have an OS that seems bug free.
My Lumia 930 is getting there, but still a few bugs... Notifications and personal sounds system is flaky. No HEY Cortana. Photos don't sync correctly, The personalisation of Live Tiles for photos plus others leave a lot to be desired. Sky News app won't work now MS News is added (Wonder why???) Other Live tiles don't update automatically, they need opening to refresh.
Looks great, but a very panic orientated upgrade to 'get Win 10 Mobile' out there. Hope there will be a major overwrite update shortly.

Thanks for the reply.
Since you're talking about the 620, the 620 is not listed in the supported models, so upgrading and downgrading would be an ease as there is no official version of W10 for your phone.
The problem here is mine is one of the supported devices e.g 1520 and I really want to try out W10 after a long time. I wanted to keep 1520 on windows 8.1 and buy a 950XL but since I don't have the latter, I was eager to update but what if I wanted to downgrade? With the Lumia recovery tool, if you had older software, you could flash it thanks to offline mode but that option no longer exists in Windows recovery tool. IT SHOULD BE ONLINE. So if I update to w10 but when I try to recover to W8.1 and find out the option is gone, then I am dead. So I want to avoid that!
Hope this helps out the confusion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6