Window 10 mobile films and TV app, why aren't there any app name files in the Windows 10 Mobile store?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

window 10 mobile films and tv app

whenever i update films and tv in window 10 mobile . in store it shows updating movies and tv app . and hence there is no app name films and tv in window 10 mobile store. so what the hell microsoft is doing .

harsh siwach

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Re: window 10 mobile films and tv app

do you have a window 10 mobile. the same app appears with name 'films and tv' which dose not make any sense . if the app name is movies and tv in hole window eco system why should to name diiferent in windows10 phone. if you search naming films and tv app in window store it will result nil. and update of films and tv comes with name updating 'movies and tv' in store . and my phone do not have any app with this name' movies and tv' there is some problem with this.

harsh siwach

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
20160401_012205.jpg here it is

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
That looks like old windows 8 version. Go to store and find a microsoft app then tap the microsoft corporation. Then it will show you all their apps and get movies and tv. You may need to do a hard reset if your device doesn't let you uninstall films and tv.

harsh siwach

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Re: window 10 mobile films and tv app

Ok if it depends on region than why window10 for pc shows movies and tv app in all american or meditrian region .as according to microsoft it is a same platform ??

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Ok if it depends on region than why window10 for pc shows movies and tv app in all american or meditrian region .as according to microsoft it is a same platform ??

Because the app's name is Movies & TV in those regions on all devices. In regions including IMEA, UK, other regions which use British English, etc. it's Films & TV. The app's name in the store is Movies & TV only, which changes or remains unchanged according to the region and language after being installed.

And btw, what is the issue with the naming of app? It works the same way everywhere regardless of the name. Why so much curiosity then? It's up to Microsoft to chose the name for its apps. Why just not use it?

harsh siwach

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
ok according to you my phone should show movies and tv if i choose american region. wow i just do it and nothing happen it is as it is. and in pc i choosed the uk region but it still shows movies and tv . means the only problem is with windows phone as it is not showing app name correctly. 'films and tv ' instead of 'movies and tv '. if you not believe me check yourself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven