Lumia 930 and Lumia Camera on Windows 10

Florin Musetoiu

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi there, today i just bought a second hand Lumia 930 (i already own one) and to my surpise the phone has a full working Lumia Camera app on Windows 10.
As you all know this app is no longer available on Win 10 and we have to cope with the lower grade Windows Camera app that doesn`t even have stereo recording or use the 4 mics on the phone.

I asked the guy from whom i bought the phone how he managed to have this working and he told me that all he did was to reset the phone before he sold it to me, i took it and installed all updates except the Lumia Camera, the store nags me with an update to the camera but i`m afraid to do it because it might disable it.

Has anybody with a Lumia 930 done any reset on Win 10 and test if the Lumia Camera works ? I`m on build 14295 on my 930 and i don`t really fell like to do a reset just to see if this actually works.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, today i just bought a second hand Lumia 930 (i already own one) and to my surpise the phone has a full working Lumia Camera app on Windows 10.
As you all know this app is no longer available on Win 10 and we have to cope with the lower grade Windows Camera app that doesn`t even have stereo recording or use the 4 mics on the phone.

I asked the guy from whom i bought the phone how he managed to have this working and he told me that all he did was to reset the phone before he sold it to me, i took it and installed all updates except the Lumia Camera, the store nags me with an update to the camera but i`m afraid to do it because it might disable it.

Has anybody with a Lumia 930 done any reset on Win 10 and test if the Lumia Camera works ? I`m on build 14295 on my 930 and i don`t really fell like to do a reset just to see if this actually works.

I don't have the same phone but I remember doing a hard reset a couple of months back and I was able to download and install lumia camera again and it was working. Lumia 1020

Are you able to download and install lumia camera beta? If yes, I suggest you install that too so it appears in your store download history and when you hard reset you can still install it

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia camera for the 1020 is version 4.x, not the latest version 5.x for the 930 on 8.1. Microsoft enabled 1020 users to retain the old version only to preserve the 41MPX capability.

The 930's Lumia Camera 5.x has been replaced by Windows Camera which is same as the previous Lumia Camera 5.x, and yes it does support stereo recording now. There are also other LC options available like Lumia Camera Beta and Lumia Camera Classic for the 930.

Florin Musetoiu

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Ok i did it. I reset the phone. And got my Lumia Camera back with all it`s functionality, the thing is you must stop in time the automatic updates, to block the Store from updating the camera app. It uses 5.0.2.37, it also supports the 5.1 sound on build 14295.

@pankaj981 The original Lumia Camera app has superior sound quality than the new version ... for now i`m happy that i can have both of them.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Ok i did it. I reset the phone. And got my Lumia Camera back with all it`s functionality, the thing is you must stop in time the automatic updates, to block the Store from updating the camera app. It uses 5.0.2.37, it also supports the 5.1 sound on build 14295.

@pankaj981 The original Lumia Camera app has superior sound quality than the new version ... for now i`m happy that i can have both of them.

Glad things worked out for you

Farshid Saberi

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
@ pankaj981
But, I compared the picture quality of them. The quality of photos taken with Lumia 930 and Lumia Camera obviously are better than photos taken with Lumia 930 and windows camera. If we talk about features, currently they are almost equal. But the photo that is taken with lumia camera has more details. This is very stranger but it is true. Also colors are more alive. I several times taken photos with them from exactly the same scene, and I asked others to compare result ( blind compare ). Almost in all of them they chosen the photo that had been taken with lumia camera.
Just one point most of these comparisons done with Microsoft camera on windows 8.1, But also some of them ( four times I think ), performed with windows camera on windows 10.
The result is that I have not upgraded to windows mobile 10 only and only because it doesn't support Lumia camera. Although I really like windows mobile 10 features and user interface.
Does any one have a suggestion for using lumia camera on windows 10.

yvanvh

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
The camera is the only useable (and really good) function for me on this phone besides calling. Therefor a better (or spare) battery would be Godsent. I cannot use yahoo anymore since windows 10, I cannot control my house alarm (since this is only android) I cannot record my favorite radio program (since TuneIn Pro is not supported - only the basic version TuneIn) There is no Openseas app available for realtime information about Greek ferry schedules ... All these functions do work under Android ! And I'm very glad with these android applications which I use daily !

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Guys u can just install an older appx of lumia camera app frm online sites... No need to take the pains of a hard reset :3

Sent from windows central app on windows 10 mobile , from a lumia 930 :p

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss