Letter to the Windows 10 Mobile team.

romaink

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
This is to answer the question, "Will you recommend Windows 10 Mobile to someone else?"

I want to recommend this so badly, but I can't. Overall the system has become so unreliable. Why is Windows 10 Mobile so inconsistent, when WP8 was so stable?! For example, I'm typing this post hoping the app doesn't crash. This should not be a thought in my mind. It's frustrating using the camera app knowing there's a 50/50 chance of it crashing in the middle of capturing moments of my newborn son. So I wait update after update, hoping for a fix to this issue. My wife has recommended we get a more reliable device and I can't blame her. These moments only happen once.

Being a huge supporter of the platform with the relaunch of Windows Phone 7, running on devices like the Samsung Focus, I was excited at the vision, so it's difficult to move on. However, I can't help but notice the lack of excitement toward Windows 10 Mobile from the team developing the product. It's almost like you've given up, while the users remain excited at the possibilities. I remember Satya Nadella standing on stage with S. Elop as the Lumia 930 was launched. I could feel the excitement, but all of this was lost because of launch issues and features being removed from the device.

Microsoft, it's time to show us that you still believe, that you care and that you can still deliver beautiful devices. Bring back great design, color and performance and the devices will sell themselves. Listen to your users and deliver reliable software running on innovative hardware, and many will return to the platform. This shouldn't wait for another year. By then it will be too late. Show us that you still believe!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck