I really miss Windows Phone, and it's quite literally driving me insane.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I agree, it's a great device. I actually feel like it's too much for me and may downgrade to a SE.
Yeah, SE is my next too. I miss Windows Phone too, but I keep my 640 in hopes that T-Mobile will roll it out and I can play for a bit. There is no other Windows Phone that I desire (either I tried all of the ones I want to try or I'm not interested).

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, SE is my next too. I miss Windows Phone too, but I keep my 640 in hopes that T-Mobile will roll it out and I can play for a bit. There is no other Windows Phone that I desire (either I tried all of the ones I want to try or I'm not interested).

I....... just downgraded to SE 16 GB.. HAHAHA!
To be honest, the 6s+ is so overpriced just for 3d touch. Apple nailed it with the SE--cheap, yet powerful. I'm much happier with my purchase lol

Oh and I get to keep my 950 XL. Win-Win :D

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I....... just downgraded to SE 16 GB.. HAHAHA!
To be honest, the 6s+ is so overpriced just for 3d touch. Apple nailed it with the SE--cheap, yet powerful. I'm much happier with my purchase lol

Oh and I get to keep my 950 XL. Win-Win :D
Nicee. I agree with you about the SE! I hope to have it in my hands soon. At least you'll have your 950 XL to keep watch of what's going on here. Waiting for a carrier update sucks, but I only want official W10M.

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Nicee. I agree with you about the SE! I hope to have it in my hands soon. At least you'll have your 950 XL to keep watch of what's going on here. Waiting for a carrier update sucks, but I only want official W10M.

I don't think you'll regret getting the SE. It's like the daughter (I got rose gold, cos what the heck, who said guys can't have pink? haha) of 950 XL and iPhone 6s+ when they had a baby... lol :D

ZuLuuuuuu

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I will go on the other route and say that you need help with your addiction. It is good that you are aware of it but there appears to be times that it still has the tendency of interfering your more important life events like getting a new phone instead of saving for your wedding. You got a lot of phones during these last years, and they are expensive ones as well (they are all flagships).

We all like Windows Phone here but it shouldn't be up to the point where it becomes the most important thing in our lives. It is just a tool at the end. It makes us happy for the first few days but after that it becomes a regular tool that we use and nothing more. They will disappear in the past. On the other hand, loved ones are there for ever, they love you back which you will appreciate as time passes.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I will go on the other route and say that you need help with your addiction. It is good that you are aware of it but there appears to be times that it still has the tendency of interfering your more important life events like getting a new phone instead of saving for your wedding. You got a lot of phones during these last years, and they are expensive ones as well (they are all flagships).

We all like Windows Phone here but it shouldn't be up to the point where it becomes the most important thing in our lives. It is just a tool at the end. It makes us happy for the first few days but after that it becomes a regular tool that we use and nothing more. They will disappear in the past. On the other hand, loved ones are there for ever, they love you back which you will appreciate as time passes.

Thank you for the reply and your concern. I think you took my post a little too seriously, it was really supposed to be half joking. The only phone that I bought at "top dollar" was the Icon. Everything else was through upgrades, trade ins and deals.

I view phones as a hobby, just like my aquarium hobby. They both bring me immense happiness and all financial decisions are responsibly made. My wedding is actually in 2017, so $200 when my last phone purchase was 13 months ago really isn't extreme. When I work a 50 hour work week, I like to indulge a little.

I don't mean any harm in my response, as you actually offer very sound advice. I am lucky enough that my fiance and I both have great jobs and I do not take that for granted. I was just attempting to make my post slightly on the humorous side and to emphasize my love for WP. After all, while tools, phones are incredibly important tools in our lives and ones that we should have ultimate comfort and joy in using. While some people like to buy fancy cars and go out every night, I like to buy aquariums and phones.

ZuLuuuuuu

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the reply and your concern. I think you took my post a little too seriously, it was really supposed to be half joking. The only phone that I bought at "top dollar" was the Icon. Everything else was through upgrades, trade ins and deals.

I view phones as a hobby, just like my aquarium hobby. They both bring me immense happiness and all financial decisions are responsibly made. My wedding is actually in 2017, so $200 when my last phone purchase was 13 months ago really isn't extreme. When I work a 50 hour work week, I like to indulge a little.

I don't mean any harm in my response, as you actually offer very sound advice. I am lucky enough that my fiance and I both have great jobs and I do not take that for granted. I was just attempting to make my post slightly on the humorous side and to emphasize my love for WP. After all, while tools, phones are incredibly important tools in our lives and ones that we should have ultimate comfort and joy in using. While some people like to buy fancy cars and go out every night, I like to buy aquariums and phones.

Ok then, it is good to hear that :)

sikurunana

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Well, I probably should see a therapist because I DID IT BABY! I'M BACK! Bought the 735 for $200. Swapped the SIM from my iPhone, no need to go through Verizon which is fantastic. Phone is setting up now. I am so, so excited. Wish I hadn't sold all my wireless chargers.

For 30 day returns, I was fine shelling out $200. I kept my iPhone 6, so if worst comes to worst I can just switch back.

How did your fiance react to this after seeing the new phone..? :p

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Ha, I feel like people have been saying this for years, to "wait to get something perfect". It's hard to tame the urge. My fiance would throw a fit if she came home and saw I had a new phone, so that fear is keeping me from doing it.

Go to an MS store with a party hat.
Buy the phone.
Have an MS store employee take a picture of another employee handing you the phone. And say you won it.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I should probably start off by stating that I do have obsessive-compulsive tendencies in a lot of areas of my life, but nothing debilitating and I lead a perfectly normal life. One area that greatly impacts my daily well-being, however, is my obsession with any device (desktop, laptop, phone) feeling "right". As I grew older and began using smartphones more and more, I felt an unrelenting nagging about something feeling "off". My first solution to this problem was back in 2013 when I finally switched to an HTC 8X from an HTC Incredibe (I think that's what I was using, can't recall). Windows Phone 8 was the answer to all of my "technological mental ailments". It felt incredibly clean, minimal, sexy, and smooth. I loved every minute of it and was not bothered that much by the app gap. Below is a brief timeline of my phones over the last 3 years that outlines how I am never fully satisfied, I guess.

-HTC 8X in March 2013. Dropped it and screen cracked. Bought a...

-Nokia Lumia 928 in September 2013. Hated it. What a disaster that phone was, embarrassingly buggy. Traded it in for a new one, which turned out to be better, and then dropped that one. Traded in for a...

-iPhone 4S. Loved it for two weeks, missed my 8X. Bought a...

-HTC 8X in December 2013. Fell in love all over again. Then the Icon came out, which I began itching for. I held off for a while but then...

-Nokia Lumia Icon in May 2014. Man, what a device. Loved this puppy. In February of 2015, I had to give my dog back to the breeder and I felt an emptiness. I no longer liked my phone for a variety of frustrating reasons, especially because Chase vanished from Windows Phone which really pissed me off. So...

-iPhone 6 in February 2015. Waited for a jailbreak. Jailbroke it and boom, themed my life away.

We are now in the present day, and my feeling for wanting something fresh and new is tearing me apart like an addict. I got bored and frustrated with a jailbroken iPhone, so I upgraded to iOS 9.3 and I absolutely hate it. iOS is so incredibly ugly that I hate even using my phone anymore. I've never liked iOS. You know what I've always liked? Windows Phone. Never once have I felt bored from it, merely frustrated. But what I was bored by, I suppose, was the lack of apps (I know I know, we are all sick of this argument, but it's a real one). It's something I do not take for granted on my iPhone. I'm sure there are many other things about Windows Phone that I am forgetting really sucked (I'm sure if I picked up a Windows Phone I'd very quickly remember the things that are lacking), but a huge selling point in phones for me is how comfortable I feel using it. If I don't like the look of a device, it bothers me to no end. I'm extremely bored today because my fiance is working a 12 hour shift at the hospital, and it's raining outside. So I'm sitting here watching Arsenal while feeling like I need a serious dose of Windows Phone.

Does this sound insane? Yes, it does. But I miss my Windows Phone like no other and there's obviously some big issues with W10M that are preventing me from going to the store and buying a new device. And probably that I have a wedding to save for, but even so...you don't understand how hard it is to not go buy one. Every time I'm in the mall I go and play around with them just to get my fix, but it's never the answer.

I wouldn't say insane. I've gone through something similar in the last year. Bought my first WP, an HTC 8s, in March 2013, sold it in August 2014 to get the Lumia 635 and got annoyed with the app situation so in February 2015 I got a Galaxy S4. That lasted until July 2015 when I got the Lumia 640 which I sold in November 2015 to get the Moto X Play (again the app situation). Now, 5 months later, I realize I don't use all that many apps and I'm no longer going to be a freelancer so I'm waiting for my Lumia 650 to come and my Moto X Play is for sale.

The thing is, WP never was the problem. So I understand wanting to come back to it. I don't think it's crazy though. You have to try things in order to understand what you prefer.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
It's like I'm reading about myself! ☺ I understand you completely! Also, 8x was my first WP too! After that I had 925, then 930. Then I made a stupid move and bought 5s. Sell it after 2 months to buy 735. I can't describe how happy I was after seeing tiles again! Now, some devil in me woke again and 950 is just no good enough to put him back to sleep! Waiting for Surface phone to fed my hunger for perfection. And yeah, I understand what you're saying about app gap. Using iPhone I really realised what I'm missing with WP. But, I hate ugly, booring iOS and Android is not even an option for me. Keep strong, Windows platform will grow, I'm sure! App gap will close and we'll all be happy! ☺

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Turn by turn navigation is getting better with the new maps app (some of us are running it now). Chase might come back now that BoA is back. SnapChat is not a priority for grown ups.

Just thought of something...I'm downloading offline maps on Google Maps on my iPhone, and I can just use this as a standalone GPS.

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I miss the thrill of Windows Phone, I still remember the day I bought my Focus Flash for 99 cents on a 2 year, it was so different and new, there was so much promise in the platform. I will miss that. It was a breath of fresh air. I still fire up the ole girl just to play Harvest and Tentacles...

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I miss the thrill of Windows Phone, I still remember the day I bought my Focus Flash for 99 cents on a 2 year, it was so different and new, there was so much promise in the platform. I will miss that. It was a breath of fresh air. I still fire up the ole girl just to play Harvest and Tentacles...

In a weird way, though, I still feel like there is a "thrill". When you are on something like an iPhone for a long time and constantly see Android devices all over the place, Windows Phone just screams, "Look at me."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro