I really miss Windows Phone, and it's quite literally driving me insane.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I mean like say you get a text on your iPhone during the week about some event/get-together/etc, and then you put the sim in your 735 for the weekend, and you miss out on having part of the information for the get-together, because it's on your other phone.

Never really seen it as an issue personally as I tend to remember that stuff/make a note elsewhere. I can see that being annoying, though.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Never really seen it as an issue personally as I tend to remember that stuff/make a note elsewhere. I can see that being annoying, though.

Ohh okay. In my phone trials, I found this to be really annoying. Contacts were easy because they were originally hosted in Outlook.Texts on the other hand, and how my friends can send things through GroupMe and/or text, I always felt like I had to look at my texts and hope that they weren't important while moving from one phone to another.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Haven't gone through the entire thread, but just want to say I love the OP's passion. And I feel similar. I'm on an S7 Edge right now and while it's a fantastic device that has all the hardware features I miss from the old Nokia Lumia lineups, I do miss Windows.

I just can't bring myself to recommend Windows phones anymore though, or use one as my daily driver. Pains me to say it as I've been on board from the very beginning. But, I just had to cut ties eventually... how can I be so passionately committed when Microsoft's pitiful marketing effort shows it doesn't have the same commitment?

The app gap is one thing, though overblown. The bigger issue is app quality. Facebook Messenger for instance... I mean, some of the most basic features are completely missing.

I can only hope that 1) The UWA approach works, and 2) MS actually hires a competent marketing firm to push Surface Phones.

InspectHerGadget

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I had the 1520 until October then got a Note 5. I really liked it especially once I changed the launcher and keyboard. The pen is great as is the screen and camera. The battery life is pretty average though and it often gets quite warm. I tether my Pro 4 to it several times each day but the wireless charger makes sure it stays charged.

I then bought the iPhone 6S Plus. I am impressed. The battery life is up there with the 1520. I think Apple have produced an amazing product. It hardly runs warm to the touch. The thoughtful use ability engineered into it is awesome. Totally solid I every way.

I like Windows Phone and prefer it to Android but using the iPhone makes me realise how far behind it is. A solid product nonetheless. I will follow developments with interest.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I had the 1520 until October then got a Note 5. I really liked it especially once I changed the launcher and keyboard. The pen is great as is the screen and camera. The battery life is pretty average though and it often gets quite warm. I tether my Pro 4 to it several times each day but the wireless charger makes sure it stays charged.

I then bought the iPhone 6S Plus. I am impressed. The battery life is up there with the 1520. I think Apple have produced an amazing product. It hardly runs warm to the touch. The thoughtful use ability engineered into it is awesome. Totally solid I every way.

I like Windows Phone and prefer it to Android but using the iPhone makes me realise how far behind it is. A solid product nonetheless. I will follow developments with interest.

When the phone (iPhone) literally does nothing in the background, has no always-on display tech, no live information (live tiles or widgets), it would be a shame if the battery life wasn't fantastic. I played with a friend's iPhone 6S Plus for all of 10 minutes and felt like I was in a time warp back to late 90s desktops. Just a static grid of icons and literally nothing else. Even Nokia's old Symbian OS felt more advanced to me. Much less smooth given the era, but more advanced.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean exactl by texts and such between phones? My experience has generally been very positive.

Agreed, on Verizon at least, As I am using an Android device now, but, when I swap back and forth to my ICON, all my texts download to the device, not right away but, normally within an hour or so of using it, all texts are there...

I really love Windows Phone....but, I have ALWAYS been a Windows Phone user...before that Windows Mobile (5-6.5)/ PocketPC and before that flip phones with PocketPC devices..

As I am just trying to play catch up, seeing what the grass is like on the other side of the fence. I keep swapping back to my ICON but, only on weekends....After living with "Tap to Pay" and 4-5 apps that I CANT get on Windows Phone...day to day, it's hard to go back now.

I really miss Windows Phone day at times tho...

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
P.S., I've been back on an iPhone for two months now (jailbroken). I almost threw my 735 out of a window. Was sick of the lag in opening virtually everything, random app crashes, etc.

Albert Metelsky

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I thought there was a gmaps app for windows phone, not officially, but a working app none the less.

Originally posted by Marconis4
Originally Posted by pankaj981
Turn by turn navigation is getting better with the new maps app (some of us are running it now). Chase might come back now that BoA is back. SnapChat is not a priority for grown ups.

Just thought of something...I'm downloading offline maps on Google Maps on my iPhone, and I can just use this as a standalone GPS.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I come back to this thread when I'm feeling sad. Windows Phone holds a special place in my heart and always will. When I first got my HTC 8X, I went to a pizza place by me and had to sit there with my phone in my pocket just dying to finish my slice and get home. That first year or so was magical. Now the happiness is all a distant feeling of nostalgia when I walk into the same pizza place. Sad, right?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I come back to this thread when I'm feeling sad. Windows Phone holds a special place in my heart and always will. When I first got my HTC 8X, I went to a pizza place by me and had to sit there with my phone in my pocket just dying to finish my slice and get home. That first year or so was magical. Now the happiness is all a distant feeling of nostalgia when I walk into the same pizza place. Sad, right?

I don't think so. It's hard when you really liked something but then it didn't work for you in the way you hoped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss