Is the new W10M update an insider preview update?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I would like to know whether the new W10M update is an insider preview update or the official update? As it is to be updated through "Upgrade Advisor" app and not through "Windows Insider App", I'm a little confused, as i don't want to install an Insider update.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
If you upgrade through the 'Upgrade Advisor' then it is the official update. That said, if u were to install build 10586.164 via the Insider app you would get the.164 build also. They are the same, it's just Windows Insiders get access to builds first.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
it is to be updated through "Upgrade Advisor" app

I believe that this is Microsoft wanting to ensure that users consciously "opt in."

As stated by charlatan1978, the effect is the same if you use Upgrade Advisor or Insider on the Release Ring. Same version is fetched.

If you go Insider and stay on Release ring you get the next public version early as Release ring in effect is the RTM.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos