W10 mobile reinstalls and gets stuck, what can I do?

Martemp

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
W10 mobile reinstalls and gets stuck

On my Lumia 532 the change from 8.1 to W10 went fine. After some hours an update was announced. I chose to do that right away but after some time with the turning gears I got the smiley BSOD. I was able to return to normal with the recovery tool. So far so good but I was back to 8.1.
After a week or so I retried to upgrade to W10. All went well and I was happy again with my W10 phone. However, after a few hours I got the message that an upgrade was ready to install.... So after a sad BSOD and a new recovery I am back to 8.1 again.
What went wrong and what can I do against this recurring problem?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: W10 mobile reinstalls and gets stuck

Are you installing the official Win10m upgrade or as part of the Insider app?
Also do you have an SD card and do you have any idea of what the update is?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: W10 mobile reinstalls and gets stuck

On my Lumia 532 the change from 8.1 to W10 went fine. After some hours an update was announced. I chose to do that right away but after some time with the turning gears I got the smiley BSOD. I was able to return to normal with the recovery tool. So far so good but I was back to 8.1.
After a week or so I retried to upgrade to W10. All went well and I was happy again with my W10 phone. However, after a few hours I got the message that an upgrade was ready to install.... So after a sad BSOD and a new recovery I am back to 8.1 again.
What went wrong and what can I do against this recurring problem?

Next time, instead WDRT recovery, use the hard reset key sequence for repeating build installation, and see if works fine.
I got that once on a previous build

Martemp

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I tried both, Recovery and Restart, several times and it did not work out. After return to dealer it appeared to be a hard ware failure. My 532 is coming back after repair today. Hope for the best. Thanks for the tips, it helped to convince the dealer. That's a result too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea