Why is Windows10 Mobile update an optional update? Is Microsoft unsure about its mobile OS?

Tasha Jaiswal

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile finally got an official release on a limited number of devices. But to upgrade to windows 10 a general user have to download an app 'Upgrade Advisor' to get the update. Why is this necessary? And why is windows 10 mobile an optional update rather than a mandatory one as happened with with WindowsPhone 8.1? Do you think Microsoft is still unsure about Windows 10 Mobile or is windows 10 mobile still an unfinished OS?

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand the question's premise. Windows 10 is an optional upgrade on PC, so why shouldn't it be optional on mobile as well?

Tasha Jaiswal

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
No, I mean to say that why is WindowsMobile 10 an optional update and not a mandatory one, is this because Microsoft isn't sure about the OS stability?

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Its optional so people can choose what they want to do. Almost everyone likes to choose for themselves instead of being forced against their will to do something they might not want to do. Almost everyone prefers to be given a choice. Your question seems to do nothing but to find fault with something that most people prefer (getting a choice). Almost no one ever complains about being given a choice. Of course there are exceptions to every rule as your post illustrates.

If you want a new phone would you prefer to be able to chose the phone you wanted or would you rather be forced to buy a particular phone against your will? I think most normal people would rather have the choice to chose for them selves. See, its that simple. I'm actually surprised that anyone would even ask this question if they just sat down for 5 seconds to think aboout it.

And... if it were mandatory even more people would be complaining about it. I really shouldn't have to explain this either as long as you read what I already wrote

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes