Which apps are missing?

Witaly

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys!

I am a mobile developer and I've liked Windows Phone (now Windows 10 Mobile) for a long time. Some time ago - I've finally upgraded to Lumia 930 and really felt the app gap get under my skin. And I am not only talking about some services like YouTube, but it has been a struggle for me to find a good looking decent mail app (although Outlook is not that bad). The quality of the ones I found was also not always as good as I wished for it to be.

All of this led me to a thought that maybe I could help enrich the app environment on W10 by building a few apps and maybe providing a little stress relief for myself and the community.

So this is why I am here. I was hopping that you could help me figure out - what you feel we are missing the most on our favorite phones?

M4cc45

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
There's so many. A lot is just development work to actual get them working properly where as the second side the apps don't exist:

i.e.
General Redevlopment
Notification system is still causing me massive issues. I get nothing for ages then i'll get 10 alerts in a row saying I have messages - unacceptable.

Redevelopment Apps
Forza - fantastic on iOS - awful on WM
WhatsApp - ideally a version whereby it doesn't constantly resume then close then has to re-open and then loads again

Apps Required
Amazon Prime Music / Prime Movies - the main App is there
Banking Apps - a lot of Banks are waiting for more Windows Phone users rahter than seeing if they develop more apps there will be more users

The above is 2 minutes worth of thinking - there's literally hundreds of apps out there that need redesigning or actually just made.

I think the lack of a fingerprint reader on the 950XL was a massive mistake. They could have quite happily incorporated this and then 'borrowed' the features that it currently powers in iOS (i.e. logging into sites, betting apps, etc.) but they went for a stupid gimmick. Seriously whoever is in charged of mobile devlopment needs to employ some people who actually use a phone rather than going for gimmicks. This has also, I think, hindered app development as well.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
For me, Plurk, Hoopla, MLB At Bat, and improve/update OverDrive and Kindle. That's a tall order, but eh.

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
MLB AT Bat, snapchat, pebble watch interface and banking apps. Google maps and Amazon apps. So many and its getting less and less as the year goes by.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs