When Is The Universal Facebook App Launching?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
They said soon last October at their windows 10 event, and at Build a few weeks back they said "very soon" what kind of time frame is that? We've been waiting for months

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
They said soon last October at their windows 10 event, and at Build a few weeks back they said "very soon" what kind of time frame is that? We've been waiting for months

Well, we can look at it from their perspective. How much coding could be going on for all those functionalities? Feed, photos, videos, pages, ads, messaging, friends, profile etc. For sure facebook as an app is one of the most complex you can think of anywhere. They have to build things from the ground up to take advantage of the windows platform so it can function not only on pc but on tablet, phone and who knows what else.

So in such cases, patience is the only thing we can exercise

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
They aren't building it from the ground up they are porting it using their osmeta tools

Sent from mTalk

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Last year they mentioned...
Soon = 1 year

This year they mentioned...
Very soon = so may be 6 months? (my guess based on last year's comment)

I seriously think Microsoft should rethink when they mean..."soon" and the "next couple of months" :p

Regardless we all know WM10 had issues during development hence pushing the date from Oct 2015 to Dec to eventually March this year. IMO the tentative timings were announced on assumptions that the Android/iOS bridges would work as expected, which they did not. They might have run into other challenges too since WM10 was only stabilized in the last couple of builds. Facebook on the other hand may have been waiting for the platform to be stable enough before pushing it's apps in order to avoid bad Store reviews due to an unstable platform. Or may be Facebook was just being lazy...who knows..

Queen Kong1

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Maybe you can use the browser instead? I've always used UC browser

I did use the Mobile via webpage for a bit, but if you compare it to the Android App it's woefly slow. I guess if the Closed Beta App desktop is done, perhaps Mobile isn't far..we miss things like Reactions...and the soon to be released Live Status.. I'm using Android for now though, and will use the Lumia again once My Apps i need are available.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I did use the Mobile via webpage for a bit, but if you compare it to the Android App it's woefly slow. I guess if the Closed Beta App desktop is done, perhaps Mobile isn't far..we miss things like Reactions...and the soon to be released Live Status.. I'm using Android for now though, and will use the Lumia again once My Apps i need are available.

I think the browser would be faster since it doesn't have to load so much nor use so much data. On average I can use up 1MB to browse and check facebook in a day while over 50MB would have been used by the app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6