Glance= zero battery

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you pull your phone from your pocket and gather all the info off of Glance in just a couple of seconds max, it would use a very small fraction of a percent... So effectively 0%.

If you turn on the screen and look around for notifications lit up on all the tiles reporting to Glance it might use effectively 1%.

I think it would be a bit overly literal to interpret it as meaning absolutely 0%.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I believe that especially with 15 minutes time default and auto switchoff when phone is in a pocket or folded.
Maybe 1% is leaving Glance always on like a desk clock

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
If you pull your phone from your pocket and gather all the info off of Glance in just a couple of seconds max, it would use a very small fraction of a percent... So effectively 0%.

If you turn on the screen and look around for notifications lit up on all the tiles reporting to Glance it might use effectively 1%.

I think it would be a bit overly literal to interpret it as meaning absolutely 0%.

Likely it is rounded down and based on how often glance actually is turned on by the user. If it's on all the time it may use 0.X% battery so you can effectively say 0%. If it's using amoled and using Red night time mode 24/7 then it could actually be insanely low. With lcd because the diffusers have to go on then you are definitely wasting way more. But who knows how they calculate it.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Likely it is rounded down and based on how often glance actually is turned on by the user. If it's on all the time it may use 0.X% battery so you can effectively say 0%. If it's using amoled and using Red night time mode 24/7 then it could actually be insanely low. With lcd because the diffusers have to go on then you are definitely wasting way more. But who knows how they calculate it.

I didn't know Glance worked on lcd also, never heard before. Isn't it only on OLED?
On my 520 I used Night watch for a all night ol style lcd bars red clock, but surely it uesed energy a lot due to retrobrighting always on

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I didn't know Glance worked on lcd also, never heard before. Isn't it only on OLED?
On my 520 I used Night watch for a all night ol style lcd bars red clock, but surely it uesed energy a lot due to retrobrighting always on

Well it works on my Lumia 830 and that's LCD. I think now that OLED manufacturing has become cheaper than LCD, there's going to be more OLED phones out there.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
So back to the point, does the fact that it's organic, somehow cause the battery to not be used. Panos, a senior MS exec, would not say "Zero" so emphatically without vetting it. Or, another point for the upcoming class action...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon