OK, how do I add videos on the SD card to Movies & TV?

silvertonesx24

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I must be missing something or this is one giant oversight in Windows 10 Mobile.

Videos on the SD card in the Videos folder are nowhere to be found.
Videos on the device itself in the Videos folder work fine.

My storage settings are set to use SD card for videos.

What is the point of using tiny internal memory to store videos when we could be using SD cards?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I must be missing something or this is one giant oversight in Windows 10 Mobile.

Videos on the SD card in the Videos folder are nowhere to be found.
Videos on the device itself in the Videos folder work fine.

My storage settings are set to use SD card for videos.

What is the point of using tiny internal memory to store videos when we could be using SD cards?

are you able to see and open the videos using file explorer app?

silvertonesx24

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I can see and play them from the Files app. I didn't transfer them through the phone, I pulled the SD card and transferred them via a card reader if that matters

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I can see and play them from the Files app. I didn't transfer them through the phone, I pulled the SD card and transferred them via a card reader if that matters

maybe there are settings within the videos app? I can't check on mine since my phone doesn't support memory cards

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this as well, weird oversight. Then again, the photos app for the longest time couldn't show favorites from the SD card on the tile. Playing from the file manager does work.

silvertonesx24

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Well I applied a system update and after that, it now shows up in video. Not sure if that was the reason or not, but it's all working now. Enjoying Windows 10

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss