Special techniques tried on phone using camera

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

are there any special techniques that you have tried on your phone that you thought only a DSLR could do?

One feature for a long time has been long exposures. Another I've been trying is a time lapse and star trails

Post below if you know something that we can try on our phones and harness the great imaging capabilities of our lumias

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Here's one I'll bet you didn't expect. Double Exposure on a Lumia 640.

This is a picture of my Ghost Mouse. Look carefully. The mouse is transparent.

WP_20160412_09_24_47_Rich.jpg

To take this picture, I used a tripod and mount adapter for my Lumia 640. I snapped the picture one time with my mouse on the laptop, and the 2nd time without it. I copied it to my laptop, and using a photo editor, put both pics in as layers, and made the layer with the mouse transparent.

Pretty cool trick. You can do that with portraits of people. I'm planning on taking a family portrait at Halloween this year. Get a pic of everyone dressed up, and then take a second pic of me wearing a sheet, and put me behind them, transparent. Make it look like a ghost in the portrait with us. Should be fun.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Here's another one. I stitched 3 photos of the exact same scene at the same time frame. The 3 photos are to show the difference in "time exposure."

The first photo was 1/100th of a second. It was VERY dark, and there was a full moon hiding behind the clouds, but the moon can still be seen, even though it was cloudy. You can't see the clouds in the first exposure.
The second exposure was taken using a 1 second manual exposure. You can see more of what is in the image.
The third exposure was taken using a 4 second manual exposure, and it looks like daylight, though it is the same time of day as the first exposure.

Moon_at_3_exposures.jpg

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Here's one I'll bet you didn't expect. Double Exposure on a Lumia 640.

This is a picture of my Ghost Mouse. Look carefully. The mouse is transparent.

View attachment 125016

To take this picture, I used a tripod and mount adapter for my Lumia 640. I snapped the picture one time with my mouse on the laptop, and the 2nd time without it. I copied it to my laptop, and using a photo editor, put both pics in as layers, and made the layer with the mouse transparent.

Pretty cool trick. You can do that with portraits of people. I'm planning on taking a family portrait at Halloween this year. Get a pic of everyone dressed up, and then take a second pic of me wearing a sheet, and put me behind them, transparent. Make it look like a ghost in the portrait with us. Should be fun.

Check this photo from my brother using a lumia 640 too

11950423_10204888278552346_2968272262018208344_o.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)