How to deploy a xap?

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Haven't tried installing earlier.. I want to install a xap file.. I downloaded the file but it is in .zip format.. Have downloaded xapdeploy app to deploy xaps.. What do i have to do now.. The file is .zip..

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
What do you find on opening the ZIP file in WinRAR or a similar program? If there are only files such as Contents, AppManifest.xaml, etc. and no XAP file inside the ZIP then just rename its extension to XAP. If you can't see the extensions of files then you need to make them visible from View tab in the File Explorer ribbon > Check the file name extensions option under Show/Hide group (you may be probably knowing this, but still). If there is an XAP file inside the ZIP file, then simply extract it out from there. Or just try to find the original XAP file from some other source.

If you are on Windows 10 Mobile and the app is available in the Windows Store then you can simply download that app's XAP or APPX file from trusted internet source, copy it to your phone's internal storage or SD card. Then open the File Explorer app, navigate to your saved XAP's location and tap on the XAP file. It will ask you if you want to install the app. Confirm and your app will get installed silently in the background. Wait for some time (depends on the app's size) and the app will appear in the All Apps list. This method will not work if the app is patched or it is removed from the Store.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Don't know what app it is but before it will install the phone checks the store to see if the app is in the store for your region and your phone, then it checks if it is the current version. If any of that is not correct it will not install.
If it is not in the store and you have to get it from a zip you are probably wasting your time.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Don't know what app it is but before it will install the phone checks the store to see if the app is in the store for your region and your phone, then it checks if it is the current version. If any of that is not correct it will not install.
If it is not in the store and you have to get it from a zip you are probably wasting your time.

Yes. Or you can use third-party tools to deploy the app which doesn't require all those^ conditions.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
What do you find on opening the ZIP file in WinRAR or a similar program? If there are only files such as Contents, AppManifest.xaml, etc. and no XAP file inside the ZIP then just rename its extension to XAP. If you can't see the extensions of files then you need to make them visible from View tab in the File Explorer ribbon > Check the file name extensions option under Show/Hide group (you may be probably knowing this, but still). If there is an XAP file inside the ZIP file, then simply extract it out from there. Or just try to find the original XAP file from some other source.

If you are on Windows 10 Mobile and the app is available in the Windows Store then you can simply download that app's XAP or APPX file from trusted internet source, copy it to your phone's internal storage or SD card. Then open the File Explorer app, navigate to your saved XAP's location and tap on the XAP file. It will ask you if you want to install the app. Confirm and your app will get installed silently in the background. Wait for some time (depends on the app's size) and the app will appear in the All Apps list. This method will not work if the app is patched or it is removed from the Store.

Yes it contains manifest and other files.. I had done all the things u said before posting.. I tried renaming to .xap but its not deploying.. I even did file explorer thing.. But its not installing.. Yes the app is now not in store.. Trying to install root tool tp get redstone builds

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes it contains manifest and other files.. I had done all the things u said before posting.. I tried renaming to .xap but its not deploying.. I even did file explorer thing.. But its not installing.. Yes the app is now not in store.. Trying to install root tool tp get redstone builds

Dowloaded XAP files must be deployed via USB and PC Explorer Deployer, so first you can unzip the package

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

Yes, since the app is not in the store, you can't install it using File Explorer, as the app details are first verified with its store listing. The XAP will not be deployed if it is corrupted. Didn't you get an actual XAP for it? For deploying the XAP (I don't know if I am supposed to say this here), you may use the Application deployment tool which comes with WP8.1 SDK. Oh, I forgot to mention that you need to enable Sideloading apps or Developer mode in Settings app > Update & security > For developers before you can deploy any app obtained from a third-party source.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, since the app is not in the store, you can't install it using File Explorer, as the app details are first verified with its store listing. The XAP will not be deployed if it is corrupted. Didn't you get an actual XAP for it? For deploying the XAP (I don't know if I am supposed to say this here), you may use the Application deployment tool which comes with WP8.1 SDK. Oh, I forgot to mention that you need to enable Sideloading apps or Developer mode in Settings app > Update & security > For developers before you can deploy any app obtained from a third-party source.

I downloaded the xap from xda.. Im using 'xap deploy' app for deploying xaps.. Will try app deploy tool and see if it works.. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos