"Can't send; one or more recipients invalid" Texting bug

pulkit10

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
So the latest (?) update broke my phone.

My Outlook email stopped syncing with my phone so I deleted the account and re-added it. Now it works but my Live contacts are gone. I have been texting my friends for the past few days and they are gone. Only people with phone numbers listed on Facebook are present now.

If I try to send a text in a conversation, it says "Can't Send: One or more of your recipients is invalid. Check for typos or errors, then try again."

I looked at my "People" thing online and all the numbers/contacts are still there.

OS Build: 10.0.14295.1000

Any ideas? Didn't try the hard reset yet because well, it takes time. At work so would have to get home to do that...until then, I can't send a text. Oh, the joy of being a Microsoft customer. :angry:

pulkit10

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
You are the one that elected to use insider builds

So, what you're saying is, since I tried out the "beta" software, I deserve to have my phone screwed up?

That's not a very good argument because a) WM10 has been out for a while - the least you can expect is basic things to work fine (contacts, phone, messaging etc) and b) I'm on the slow ring. "Testing" builds that have been proven to be stable. It's either that or sitting with a phone running 8.1 and waiting till Microsoft finally gets around to releasing the update properly. Which is a cause for wonderment because now they've publicly declared that "mobile isn't our focus".

In any event, I reserve the right to express anger when I see basic features not working. "Beta" software or not.

Unless you have something helpful to say, please don't bother. I get it, software has bugs. But it's also frustrating to not be able to perform a menial task on your smartphone (especially when you REALLY need to).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99