WM10 release build (10584.218) issues and solutions

fizze17

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
After the newest build of windows 10 to public was updated, the phone's (lumia 730) battery life has fallen substantially, the apps automatically exit and start screen appears all the time, the phone gets heated up at times also.

mhermann00

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday, my phone's battery dropped below 20% and battery saver was activated automatically. As a result of this, the "Action Center" menu didn't appear anymore. As soon as I connected the phone by using a power adapter, the menu was immediately working again :) Funny issue... Can someone confirm?

Tiiger88

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
.218 after two days. I went to sleep yesterday and when i woke up today, the battery discharge rate was 0,3% per hour. This was so far the lowest result of all time to me...Lumia 950, cellular data off, wifi off and location off!

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Whenever I update, I tend to forget how things used to be before.

But I think that when in landscape mode you had to swipe dow to get the Action Center and notifications. Am I wrong? Now when in landscape I have to swipe from the left side (top of the screen as if I was in portrait mode) and the action center and notification area behaves as if the phone was in portrait mode. Is that correct? My device is Lumia 535.

wp_ss_20160415_0001[1].png

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I update, I tend to forget how things used to be before.

But I think that when in landscape mode you had to swipe dow to get the Action Center and notifications. Am I wrong? Now when in landscape I have to swipe from the left side (top of the screen as if I was in portrait mode) and the action center and notification area behaves as if the phone was in portrait mode. Is that correct? My device is Lumia 535.

View attachment 125150

It's always been like that, that's assuming you use center only form time to time.
I think will be unusable in landscape mode

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing terrible battery drain after this update?
Lumia 950XL

That's normal for first hours due to core apps updating and system caching and sync. Usually it takes a couple of days for full performances, check Ondrive settings and disable video upload, check background apps (they now are all allowed) and log out video skype

Dipayans24

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Can anyone suggest me how is the build (.218) working on 92x series?

Does it have the following bug:
1. Screen flickering issue while changing songs
2. Any Application crashes
3. Battery life & sms sync issue

Any other serious problem especially for L925 like glance screen not working, phone hanging during call??

Scott Pokriefka

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Running a 1520 and I'm seeing Cortana issues. Random crashes, but the thing that is really angering me is taking a note to OneNote. Cortana says the note is stored, but it never shows in Onenote.

halflifecrysis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
.218 after two days. I went to sleep yesterday and when i woke up today, the battery discharge rate was 0,3% per hour. This was so far the lowest result of all time to me...Lumia 950, cellular data off, wifi off and location off!

I'm getting insanely good battery life with this build.

Lumia 1520

Jeff Richard

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Latest Build .218

Just wanting to know if anybody (especially 830 owners) is experiencing a hitch in the audio for SMS notifications when paired over Bluetooth? It's as if the phone lags out for a few seconds. Other notifications seem fine, just SMS since it's what I get most often.

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Re: Latest Build .218

Today the camera in my Lumia 535 froze with a green rectangle occupying all the screen and hiding even the nav bar and action center. I had to restart the phone.

I hope this is just an isolated case and not a serious bug.

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Biggest pain is that on my Lumia 640 almost every time I try to "Share" a photo, tweet, or web item via Messaging it takes two attempts. The first attempt will attach the photo fine, then I add the recipients, then when I am typing the message it crashes, sending me back to the photo or article. If I repeat the process it works! I have found that if I skip typing a message it almost always goes if I act quickly after selecting the recipients, but if I wait too long it crashes.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
some applications grey out and I cant uninstall and when I reinstall it shown 2 times. Grayed out and Solid, also many applications like facebook messenger are not working.

TheAquila

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Tile picture changes to Full screen picture whenever I change the background using Photos app. That's the only bug I encountered. Though I'm not sure whether the bug existed in the previous build because I just found out.

jurisraudulis

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
For my 640xl this is definitely downgrade from 8.1 Yes,it looks nice,there are more features but what's the point if with all the good stuff comes all that bad stuff and good one doesn't really matters anymore. I don't know where do i star? I've sent so many feedbacks about bugs and lags that i even don't remember all of them. I'll just point out some major issues. Phone is sgnificantly slower now,some of the apps might even take 10 secs to open. If previously i charged my phone basically once in two days,now i usually do it twice a day. Rich capture is such a mess. First of all,even my old LG L9 is capable of taking better quality pictures. Second thing,camera app often crashes,somitimes it takes forever to save a picture,even if i exit the app and go back it still shows that it's being saved.for some of the pictures you can't adjust lighting,it gives you some kind of error. My phone even decided to restart few times and after that i wasn't able to open notification and action center. All these problems usually happens when i try to use rich capture. There are problems with many apps. Fitbit,for example,can't be used at all. Let's say you're tracking your excersise. You lock the phone,unlock and when you try to use app it crashes,no matter what you do. Even if you restart your phone and you want to start all over again you won't be able because it will say that you already are tracking your excersise. And there is more than that,these are just few thing. From loving my 640xl,i soon might start to hate it,seriously...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte