The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-05-2016 06:26 AM
177 ... 5678
tools
    BUG!!! I lost a bunch of needed photos! Lumia 950 was set to save to SD card and after I restarted, every photo since the upgrade was gone. Tested multiple times after realizing and every time I rebooted...gone. After telling it to store to phone...no problems. Switched back to SD take some photos...reboot...gone! Has anyone else had this issue?
    That sucks.. Not sure what happened, but sometimes SD cards go bad. Mine could read fine, but wouldn't write any changes to card. The result pictures that I thought I took weren't there, and pictures that I tried to delete refused to disappear. Repair failed, so I ended up tossing the card.
    04-20-2016 10:30 PM
    I m on latest built w10m Lumia 640.(.218)
    My lock screen is too buggy I think.when i type pin.
    Its not like wp8.1 smooth and fast.
    Any solution on this ???
    04-21-2016 12:48 PM
    Update:
    Running .218 on an unlocked Lumia 640 Gophone.
    The camera app updated from the store yesterday.
    The HDR (Rich Capture, or whatever it is called this month) was iffy right after the W10 update.
    Now it never works. I just tried to take a photo, and it is still 'Saving" after 3 minutes, then just ended unsuccessfully. Several attempt were successfully saved yesterday, but when attempting to 'Choose the best lighting', I get the message: 'Something went wrong. Please try again'.
    Also, when choosing the lens in settings, I get a message 'Find more lens' Where did they go? Some show up when I choose to edit AFTER a photo is taken.But no Bing QR lens is listed-where did it go? Must we now use a separate app to record QR's?
    So.....since the update, unable to reliably save photos with HDR enabled and unable to adjust the lighting in the unusual event of a saved pic!!
    I've heard there were problems with the camera. Now it is my problem.
    Battery usage remains at about 4.66%/hour.
    04-22-2016 07:36 AM
    Update:
    Running .218 on an unlocked Lumia 640 Gophone.
    The camera app updated from the store yesterday.
    The HDR (Rich Capture, or whatever it is called this month) was iffy right after the W10 update.
    Now it never works. I just tried to take a photo, and it is still 'Saving" after 3 minutes, then just ended unsuccessfully. Several attempt were successfully saved yesterday, but when attempting to 'Choose the best lighting', I get the message: 'Something went wrong. Please try again'.
    Also, when choosing the lens in settings, I get a message 'Find more lens' Where did they go? Some show up when I choose to edit AFTER a photo is taken.But no Bing QR lens is listed-where did it go? Must we now use a separate app to record QR's?
    So.....since the update, unable to reliably save photos with HDR enabled and unable to adjust the lighting in the unusual event of a saved pic!!
    I've heard there were problems with the camera. Now it is my problem.
    Battery usage remains at about 4.66%/hour.
    Yup,same here,besides some of the photos taken with rich capture are poor qality,even my old LG L9 is capable of taking better ones. And then there is battery life,i drained 40% in one hour while taking photos,that's just ridiculous. And have you noticed that when you delete photos from photo app and if you open your gallery through camera,they still will be there. And that's annoying as hell because they're being uploaded to onedrive.
    04-24-2016 03:06 AM
    Agree with you. I'm using it on my lumia 1320 and no problem whatsoever. Run smooth compared to previous build and battery?.. Wow! Battery last longer compared to when I was in win 8.1. Great build indeed. Happy with it even though MS did not release it officially to some old lumia phones. Great job win insiders.
    Don't you have freezing problems ?
    04-24-2016 04:26 AM
    Hello ,
    I have also the same build version of W 10 on lumia 830 , but couldn't see call recording and lock screen with a password.
    04-24-2016 04:30 AM
    Yup,same here,besides some of the photos taken with rich capture are poor qality,even my old LG L9 is capable of taking better ones. And then there is battery life,i drained 40% in one hour while taking photos,that's just ridiculous. And have you noticed that when you delete photos from photo app and if you open your gallery through camera,they still will be there. And that's annoying as hell because they're being uploaded to onedrive.
    I'm happy with the editing available with Rich Capture, when it works, as I am able to significantly repair/adjust photos.
    The increased battery usage doesn't surprise me, but I rarely take more than 2 or 3 photos at a time-probably a lot of computing occurring during the photo editing process. However, it surely shouldn't be SO MUCH!
    I do not find deleted pictures on my SD card, but they certainly are transferred to Onedrive very fast. I routinely go to Onedrive to delete them.
    04-24-2016 07:03 AM
    The issues on lumia 730 after this update:
    1)Phone restarts automatically
    2) Brightness increases extremely or decreases for short time periods
    3) Apps crash and automatically exit
    4) Edge browser scrolls items automatically making screen blank all the time
    5) one of the best camera phones by nokia now after update captures blurry images
    6) Battery drains faster
    7) music player has bugs which cannot be counted.

Reported this to Microsoft, reset done on phone both hard and soft, reply from the customer care was wait for the update to fix these issues, after using 8.1,8 and 7 from the past 4 years this is the most glitchy operating system called windows 10 i have used.
    04-24-2016 07:54 AM
    Hello

Do you know how to disable auto turn-on Wi-Fi feature? Every time i disable wi-fi, it turns itself on after a while.
    04-24-2016 04:39 PM
    Hello

Do you know how to disable auto turn-on Wi-Fi feature? Every time i disable wi-fi, it turns itself on after a while.
    Hol tap on Wifi for opening wifi menu with auto on feature
    04-25-2016 03:15 AM
    BUG!!! I lost a bunch of needed photos! Lumia 950 was set to save to SD card and after I restarted, every photo since the upgrade was gone. Tested multiple times after realizing and every time I rebooted...gone. After telling it to store to phone...no problems. Switched back to SD take some photos...reboot...gone! Has anyone else had this issue?
    I have this problem in my 950 dual sim,set to savepic in sd card but didn't loose ny pic. Kept prompting me to scan nd fix issues with sd card
    04-25-2016 07:17 AM
    I've got a bluetooth bug. Volume to a bluetooth headset is very low, maybe 30% of normal max volume. The headset works normally on other devices. The bluetooth on the phone provides normal volume to speakers or the car stereo, just not to the headset. 950XL DS
    04-25-2016 07:59 AM
    everything is good except notification sounds(atleast this is what i have noticed). When phone is locked no facebook messenger,whatsapp ,text message or anyother notification sounds. but if phone is not locked everything is fine
    04-25-2016 08:12 PM
    Hey I need answers for two questions...1) IS 730 SUPPORTS CONTINUUM 2)is WINDOWS HELLO iris recognition cant be done in 730
    04-26-2016 01:07 AM
    Hey I need answers for two questions...1) IS 730 SUPPORTS CONTINUUM 2)is WINDOWS HELLO iris recognition cant be done in 730
    Nope, Continnum only on 950 series. And Iris is again only on 950(fingerprint scanner required for Hello)
    04-26-2016 01:40 AM
    Nope, Continnum only on 950 series. And Iris is again only on 950(fingerprint scanner required for Hello)
    does IRIS need separate sensor or else the front camera?
    04-26-2016 03:34 AM
    does IRIS need separate sensor or else the front camera?
    Separate sensor, IR light helps to scan in DARK rooms....
    04-26-2016 07:04 AM
    ok...thanks
    04-26-2016 07:16 AM
    I have used the EMPTY HOTSPOT feature in win8.1 denim .. . . *( that means using hotspot without mobile-data to share files via EASY TRANSFER or WIFI FILE SHARER )...but now in win10 its gone.. . .will it be back .. . .it is a basic feature all OS have and it too HAD
    Last edited by gowtham saarthy; 04-27-2016 at 04:26 AM.
    04-26-2016 07:20 AM
    Few days ago I tried adding another speech language on mine L930 and nothing, it's been stuck on "downloading" for days. Is there anyway to cancel the download or remove it?

wp_ss_20160427_0001.jpg
    04-27-2016 02:33 AM
    I have 640XL Dual sim with me. After Updating to 10586.218 build there are many issues i had faced . First Battery Life that i got very poor than 8.1.2. Secondly many apps and games freeze and crashes frequently like when ever i m using default camera app and tried to use manual or even automatic mode it crashes after clicked single Photo. Even Photo App its not good as it is in Windows 8.1.2. plus they remove many features & app that have in the Lumia Camera App like Bracket Shots with Different exposures, Refocus App.The Facebook App also crashes eventually many times for me.I don't get it the point to remove old use full and responsive APPS!!! I hope that in next update 10586.242 this might be solved.
    04-28-2016 03:10 AM
    In the changelog they mentioned this:
    • Improved UI for tracking data usage under Settings > Network and wireless > Data usage.

but in my case it's the opposite. When I turn off the celluar data it "resets" the already used capacity until I turn it on again.
    And I hoped they fixed the buggy Data usage menu -.-
    04-28-2016 01:39 PM
    Anyone else got his phone lagging when trying to turn location off? I got build 10584.218.
    04-29-2016 05:48 AM
    I updated my 820 to latest pre-release, .242, to see how it works. Primary 640 will stay on 8.1 untill all major annoyances are fixed.

How does it work then? Quite well, actually. Nokia folders app works. Lenses were be found after hard reset, but they should work out of the box after update without extra steps. Also MS Weather on lock screen is missing still. Will it be fixed, like, ever? In Redstone/Anniversary perhaps?
    04-29-2016 12:24 PM
    Hello,

Has anyone experience their emails are not downloading past 30 days or so? I have my three inboxes set for emails to download at "anytime".
    05-04-2016 01:35 AM
177 ... 5678