WM10 release build (10584.218) issues and solutions

BenLumia

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Today we got an Update for our Mobile devices, which is .218, and i can see the Performance Improvements and some bug fixes, I'd say the Best build yet, no need afraid of updating, it's update-update not bug-update. Lumia 640 is what I'm using, It's really nice to use, so smooth, performance is really good. Please comment below for any noticed bug fixes, or any bugs and anything you want to share.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Latest Build .218

I decided to drop out of the fast ring and roll back for this update. Redstone has some great things coming but this update has brought the OS to a point where all the features I want are there. I'll see how the stability and battery life go over the next few weeks.

arm_1969

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site

Hi all, I also updated my 640 xl to latest build 218 today morning. Earlier when on 8.1, SIM on my phone used to get derecognised once every two or three days. I am using single SIM only. At that time SIM settings were appearing greyed out in settings. Only solution was to restart the phone. This problem did not recur even after tree weeks after phone was updated to win 10 164 build. I felt very much relieved to notice this problem disappearing after update. However unfortunately this problem of network freezing again surfaced a few hours after updating to 218 build. I fear whether old problem has come back after updating to latest build. Can any one please guide me what to do. Thanks.

BenLumia

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

Originally posted by arm_1969
Hi all, I also updated my 640 xl to latest build 218 today morning. Earlier when on 8.1, SIM on my phone used to get derecognised once every two or three days. I am using single SIM only. At that time SIM settings were appearing greyed out in settings. Only solution was to restart the phone. This problem did not recur even after tree weeks after phone was updated to win 10 164 build. I felt very much relieved to notice this problem disappearing after update. However unfortunately this problem of network freezing again surfaced a few hours after updating to 218 build. I fear whether old problem has come back after updating to latest build. Can any one please guide me what to do. Thanks.

Have you tried hard resetting your Phone? Hard Reset is always good, make sure you backed up your phone before reset.

arjan wolthuis

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Build. 218

I don't understand it. I have 2 Lumia's a 640 and an old 520. I don't use the 520 anymore. I did perform an reset when I got the 640. It was on w10 M Still both phones got the .218. I thought 512 mb phones were pulled from windows 10 mobile

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand it. I have 2 Lumia's a 640 and an old 520. I don't use the 520 anymore. I did perform an reset when I got the 640. It was on w10 M Still both phones got the .218. I thought 512 mb phones were pulled from windows 10 mobile

Hard reset means a clean re-installing last downloaded build, NOT the fabric build.

For reverting to fabric build (in your case the 8 cyan or 8.1 denim), you must use Windows Device Recovery Tool

arjan wolthuis

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Maurizio Troso
Originally Posted by arjan wolthuis

Hard reset means a clean re-installing last downloaded build, NOT the fabric build.

For reverting to fabric build (in your case the 8 cyan or 8.1 denim), you must use Windows Device Recovery Tool

I didn't want 8.1 on the 520 back. after i began using the 640 the startscreen and the applist were full of black tiles because of apps installed on sd-card. So i resetted the Phone.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I didn't want 8.1 on the 520 back. after i began using the 640 the startscreen and the applist were full of black tiles because of apps installed on sd-card. So i resetted the Phone.

Ok, I'm sorry, I cannot understand what's the matter... I put .218 on my backup 520 via Release Preview Ring normally.
512 MB phone were pulled away the non insider OTA, not the insider, till 10586.xxx

arjan wolthuis

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Maurizio Troso
Originally Posted by arjan wolthuis

Ok, I'm sorry, I cannot understand what's the matter... I put .218 on my backup 520 via Release Preview Ring normally.
512 MB phone were pulled away the non insider OTA, not the insider, till 10586.xxx

That's what i don't understand. Technically my 520 isn't on the tp anymore. I resetted it and it doesn't receive insider builds anymore. Why does it still get an update? When my 640 get's an update so does my 520.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
That's what i don't understand. Technically my 520 isn't on the tp anymore. I resetted it and it doesn't receive insider builds anymore. Why does it still get an update? When my 640 get's an update so does my 520.

AAAAHHH clear now. Only way to exit the Insider program is switchin to Production Ring... or using WDRT. Not hard reset

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

The audio bug where music stops when under lock screen is still there even though the changelog says it's gone. Happened twice today

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

bugs i have plenty for you xD

1. dark shade on the app list still persists, though it was assumed that this build will fix that.

2. windows logo still missing from start screen, when in multitasking mode :)

3. lock screen lag when you swipe down from pin entry numpad.

4. my device is dual sim , so after update and hard reset i have no message icon now on the 2nd sim message app. its only a blank tile . i tried multiple times unpinning and then pinning it back but with no help.

LUMIA 730- .218 . all apps updated. hard reset performed.

performance and battery okay, but major bugs still laying around.

and yes these bugs aren't whitewashed even after a hard reset :)

2nd reset is somewhere down the road now, i guess :)

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

bugs i have plenty for you xD

1. dark shade on the app list still persists, though it was assumed that this build will fix that.

2. windows logo still missing from start screen, when in multitasking mode :)

3. lock screen lag when you swipe down from pin entry numpad.

performance and battery okay, but major bugs still laying around.

and yes these bugs aren't whitewashed even after a hard reset :)

uff, I hoped darkshade resolved reading morning happy post.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Now that W10M has been officially released, devices on a 10586 build will continue to get future updates in the 10586 branch, since these are now considered production updates (regardless how you got there in the first place).

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

950XL:

*Really fast. I can navigate between things instantly with no issues.
*One game in particular that was causing warming issues was Candy Crush Jelly. It was the only game that did that not even asphalt 8 was able to make it warm. This doesn't happen anymore.
*Glance screen works a lot better. Before i would have to block the camera with my hand for quite a bit and unblock before glance came on. It seems to be doing it much faster by just waving my hand by.
*continuum would cause phone to get warm but it never did that until I started doing remote desktop to a Redstone build on my PC. Now even with the redstone build it stays cool.
*Battery has actually gotten much better, could be related to the warming issue previously.
*Syncing of mail is zippy

Great update. But we may get a new redstone build today so if there's cool features I may go for it. Though maybe I'll let others test it out first ;)

Also great that MS has shown that they truly are in charge of the update process with windows 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo