WM10 release build (10584.218) issues and solutions

BenLumia

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Latest Build .218

Originally posted by poopyfinger
950XL:

*Really fast. I can navigate between things instantly with no issues.
*One game in particular that was causing warming issues was Candy Crush Jelly. It was the only game that did that not even asphalt 8 was able to make it warm. This doesn't happen anymore.
*Glance screen works a lot better. Before i would have to block the camera with my hand for quite a bit and unblock before glance came on. It seems to be doing it much faster by just waving my hand by.
*continuum would cause phone to get warm but it never did that until I started doing remote desktop to a Redstone build on my PC. Now even with the redstone build it stays cool.
*Battery has actually gotten much better, could be related to the warming issue previously.
*Syncing of mail is zippy

Great update. But we may get a new redstone build today so if there's cool features I may go for it. Though maybe I'll let others test it out first ;)

Also great that MS has shown that they truly are in charge of the update process with windows 10.

Glad to hear that, i felt like using Brand New Phone after updated to this build. A lot to mention buddy... A lot to mention. Best update yet, man that performance of my phone? Sooo fast, i can finally trash talk to those iPhone and Android kids.

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site

Not specific for this update, but I also state it for the record here that my Lumia 640 has never been recognized through USB by my laptop running Windows 7 Home 64-bit, ever since it was upgraded to win 10

Otherwise, it works smoothly after I did a hard reset because e-mail notifications did not work for me.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Not specific for this update, but I also state it for the record here that my Lumia 640 has never been recognized through USB by my laptop running Windows 7 Home 64-bit, ever since it was upgraded to win 10

Otherwise, it works smoothly after I did a hard reset because e-mail notifications did not work for me.

I answered you

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site

battery seems amazing at the moment. I charged my 640 fully last night after the update installed and it's still over 80% today.

One problem I had after the update installed was that it said there was a problem with the SD card and that it needed to scan it again to fix errors. It took a while but eventually my music showed up again.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

Just noticed another bug that seems to be fixed. When my phone disconnected from a particular WiFi network by going out of range, it wouldn't connect the next time without restarting the router. Had to manually disconnect every time I knew I was going out of range. Fixed in this build. Didn't notice until midday today that WhatsApp wasn't working. Reinstalled. Fine now. However another bug that... well bugs me is that sometimes when I leave the store app via start button the phone freezes and requires a soft reset to fix it. Hopefully it gets fixed. Battery life seems slightly improved for me. On .164 with everything off (Bluetooth, wifi, data) I used to idle at 10% loss over night. Lost 6% last night after the update.

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 640 recently taken off Insider and I got the update yesterday. Download and install took close to an hour all told, on wifi. Seems smoother and faster overall. Main issue I see is that Data usage still does not indicate data used on cellular--it lumps everything into Wifi. Anyone else figured out how to solve that problem?

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

Glad to hear that, i felt like using Brand New Phone after updated to this build. A lot to mention buddy... A lot to mention. Best update yet, man that performance of my phone? Sooo fast, i can finally trash talk to those iPhone and Android kids.

Why bother? It's just a phone. If people trash talk you, it just shows they don't really have much going in their life other than their phone. I use my phone for my needs, I enjoy it and if someone doesn't like it, well that's their problem. I don't understand the phone wars maybe.

My friends use iphone or android and they never trash talk my phone. In fact, most of them think it's a great looking phone and don't care what I use. I don't care what they use either.

A friend did mention that MS should do commercials with all the great looking start screens you can create to tailor to your own look and people would be more intrigued. The default is sort of boring and that's what people think it always looks like.

I actually was talking to an Apple employee at the Apple store once and I was showing him my phone and he actually thought it was cool. And we had an intelligent discussion about it. Even he said that most phones eventually adopt similar features but Apple always market it better. It's really about peoples' decisions. Even he didn't understand the phone wars. He says android users come in all the time trash talking iphone. He just tells them that it's an Apple store, if they don't like it, no one is forcing them to buy it. People make the choice themselves by stepping into the store and he tells them why he thinks it's great from his own experience.

Tiiger88

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site

14h on battery, Average Discharge rate 2.6% (65% right now). Lots of telegram messaging and little bit web browsing....Seems good! Wifi or Cellular on....

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

Interesting there seems to be a lot of optimization as my antutu score went up by quite a lot since last time I ran it. Not sure it matters but at least it shows performance is going up.

wp_ss_20160413_0001.jpg

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

WHAT device?
I'm ready to reset to production, after I doubled a 640
EDIT: 950XL? Antutu really sucks as people tell

Version 6 gets around a lot of cheating manufacturers did. But it's at least a good indicator on whether performance is increasing between builds as I consistently got much lower on previous builds and now i'm getting a higher score. So whether it's good to test against competing devices doesn't matter. Being able to test your own device for performance improvements is still accurate.

Oh and yes 950xl.

Michkol

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

I got big problems with WiFi on this build. Coming from Redstone...
Never hade issues before.... *mad*

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

I'm so glad that .218 finally fixed that app list shade bug. I know, it's so minor, but having it fixed just gives the OS a more polished feel to it.

moth43

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site

I was in build 10586.164 and after upgrading to .218 my phone (Lumia 640 XL) started to give some glitches: Store didn't open, after a reboot the start screen appeared first and after ~2 seconds the lock screen appeared and other weird things.

I had to hard reset.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Running really fast and smooth on my 1020. PLEASED! Makes me want to keep my 1020 instaed of trading them, and just buy the 950xl and 950 outright.

Mike Nelson5

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site

Running really fast and smooth on my 1020. PLEASED! Makes me want to keep my 1020 instaed of trading them, and just buy the 950xl and 950 outright.

I have a 1020... I say forget the 1020 and go for the 950xl it's a great phone now the software is catching up. Visual voicemail now available with the unlocked dual sim and it works great. The 950xl is very snappy. And the camera is phenomenal now with forced HDR mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro