I updated my Lumia 640 from WP 8.1 to WM10 .164 through upgrade advisor app and also hard reset the phone, but I have been experiencing massive battery drains. I find it hard to even get a day's usage while earlier it used to get 1.5 days on a single charge. I also updated to version .218 and again did the hard reset but nothing helps. Is this the general problem windows 10 mobile? Battery is very important aspect for me as most of the times I travel and don't get a charging point. Any help would be appreciated
    04-13-2016 10:05 PM
    Couple of things to note. By default all apps are allowed to work in the background on WM10. Go to settings >> privacy >> background apps and disable apps that you don't want to run in the background. Secondly, if you don't use Skype that often then go to messaging >> Skype setup >> complete the setup and then logout of skype. That should help with the battery somewhat.
    04-13-2016 11:06 PM
    Couple of things to note. By default all apps are allowed to work in the background on WM10. Go to settings >> privacy >> background apps and disable apps that you don't want to run in the background. Secondly, if you don't use Skype that often then go to messaging >> Skype setup >> complete the setup and then logout of skype. That should help with the battery somewhat.
    Thanks.. That helped
    pankaj981 likes this.
    04-13-2016 11:32 PM
    I tried your suggested solution, but nothing seems to work. Hard reset didn't help either. I think reverting back to WP8.1 is the only option :(
    04-24-2016 08:04 AM
    I tried your suggested solution, but nothing seems to work. Hard reset didn't help either. I think reverting back to WP8.1 is the only option :(
    Actually my L830 lasts longer with w10m than with wp8.1
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    06-09-2016 12:54 AM
    What does "working in the background" mean? I turned off my browser's (UC Browser) ability to work in the background as you suggested. What will that limit it from doing?
    06-09-2016 07:13 AM
    What does "working in the background" mean? I turned off my browser's (UC Browser) ability to work in the background as you suggested. What will that limit it from doing?
    Go to phone Settings, write "background" in search line and tap on Background Apps. There's the full list, disable everything you don't need, SKype and Edge first
    pankaj981 likes this.
    06-09-2016 09:03 AM