Saving Pictures from the Web

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
In 8.1, long pressing a photo would entice a prompt to appear to save the photo to the phone. When I do this in W10, nothing happens.
Is there a new method?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
In 8.1, long pressing a photo would entice a prompt to appear to save the photo to the phone. When I do this in W10, nothing happens.
Is there a new method?

what version of windows 10 mobile are you on? And what are you using to browse for the photos? I've just tried with edge app and I was able to save a photo from bing search results

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
10.0.10586.218 and I use UC Browser. In 8.1, it reached the same as IE with regards to saving photos.

I just tried in Edge and got the prompt! So it's a UC bug. Thanks, Chintan Gohel.
Stupidly, I never thought to even check Edge.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
10.0.10586.218 and I use UC Browser. In 8.1, it reached the same as IE with regards to saving photos.

I just tried in Edge and got the prompt! So it's a UC bug. Thanks, Chintan Gohel.
Stupidly, I never thought to even check Edge.

I don't even use edge for any browsing. I checked to see what it can do. I use UC browser like you and I can download photos while on speed mode and from google search results. On normal mode (no speed mode) I can't download images from search

So the problem is when you are not using speed mode. I suggest yo change to speed mode and try again

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I just tried speed mode and for sites like m.reddit.com, no pics load by default so it takes the enjoyment away from browsing. That bites. Hopefully UC fixes this sooner rather than later.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I just tried speed mode and for sites like m.reddit.com, no pics load by default so it takes the enjoyment away from browsing. That bites. Hopefully UC fixes this sooner rather than later.

check settings to see if images are disabled (text only mode is on or off)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo