Upgrade to Windows 10 mobile *without* a hard reset possible?

stocktiki

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Looking highly unlikely Cricket will push the Windows 10 update to our L640. Really want to upgrade the phone. The only this is - with the two other 640s I've upgraded - a hard reset was needed for it to function right. Both had the issue were contacts and email wouldn't pull in - without a hard reset.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it possible to upgrade from WM8.1 to WM10 - without a hard reset? Any tricks to make the Microsoft account transition work?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Looking highly unlikely Cricket will push the Windows 10 update to our L640. Really want to upgrade the phone. The only this is - with the two other 640s I've upgraded - a hard reset was needed for it to function right. Both had the issue were contacts and email wouldn't pull in - without a hard reset.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it possible to upgrade from WM8.1 to WM10 - without a hard reset? Any tricks to make the Microsoft account transition work?

Sure you can, hoping they resolved the server sync delay. Just not restore from 8.1 backup, install every app from scratch.
Contacts and messages are linked to you account name so they turn back. Idem for your purchased app.
Tip: install and use Contacts+Messages Backup for phisically backup your contacts and sms in sd card. You can install after upgrade again to restore them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro