I'm testing it, there's years and tons of messages backupped in OneDrive since my first Lumia switching on.
    It seems nothing was lost, even there will be hours for downloading all (a little slow)

Thanks to the forumer who signaled it
    04-21-2016 03:36 AM
    I routinely delete device backups from OneDrive because I always do a hard reset when installing a new insider or Redstone build, so where are the messages stored then? I look around and don't see anything.

Would any OneDrive account work? (Like a free small account vs a paid one)
    04-21-2016 05:59 AM
    I routinely delete device backups from OneDrive because I always do a hard reset when installing a new insider or Redstone build, so where are the messages stored then? I look around and don't see anything.

Would any OneDrive account work? (Like a free small account vs a paid one)
    Nice question,
    I never deleted a backup but I overwrited it twice with hard reset by scratch.
    But I found messages as old as my first Lumia.
    I got a free Hotmail account with 15 GB storage + 15 GB bonus as I answered to a MS advice mail on december.
    I guess that's one hidden personal account file in Store, maybe addressing with a direct link. Needin some investigation
    04-21-2016 06:07 AM
    Nice question,
    I never deleted a backup but I overwrited it twice with hard reset by scratch.
    But I found messages as old as my first Lumia.
    I got a free Hotmail account with 15 GB storage + 15 GB bonus as I answered to a MS advice mail on december.
    I guess that's one hidden personal account file in Store, maybe addressing with a direct link. Needin some investigation
    How could you overwrite a device backup? If I leave a few accumulate whenever I upgrade or restore my phones, I am shown a list of backups to choose to restore from, I never do because there are usually annoyances that I am trying to avoid on old installs, so like you I do a hard reset and start from scratch. I currently had zero device backups when my messages restored yesterday. I can see them from a web browser at onedrive.live.com, settings, device backups. One question though, I was wondering if that is for settings only,(no content) as I have no backups listed there and it says across the top there are currently no devices backing up settings to ondrive. LOL if I hadn't deleted the old ones I'd have a hundred of them with no way of knowing if any were usable!
    04-21-2016 04:40 PM
    How could you overwrite a device backup? If I leave a few accumulate whenever I upgrade or restore my phones, I am shown a list of backups to choose to restore from, I never do because there are usually annoyances that I am trying to avoid on old installs, so like you I do a hard reset and start from scratch. I currently had zero device backups when my messages restored yesterday. I can see them from a web browser at onedrive.live.com, settings, device backups. One question though, I was wondering if that is for settings only,(no content) as I have no backups listed there and it says across the top there are currently no devices backing up settings to ondrive. LOL if I hadn't deleted the old ones I'd have a hundred of them with no way of knowing if any were usable!
    I always seen only ONE backup per device in my OneDrive.

Every backup holds the device name, and I can change name so I could create different backups.
    My 520 had always the same updated backup file during HR.

When I HR from scratch (I ignored backup during Win10 insider upgrade), phone made a fresh new backup with the same name, overwriting old one.

When I changed phone, I loaded old backup for moving my settings to new one. Doing so, new phone (650) got the old name phone (520).
    So I corrected the phone name, and now I got in OneDrive two backups, one per phone
    04-22-2016 02:19 AM
    Hi
    I just installed this app on my pc "windows phone message backup" and i downloaded tons of messages i never new existed. I would like to know where are these messages stored and how kan i delete the permenantly. I donnot want these message to exist anywhere and i cannot delete them permenantly i am a kind of pissed off at the moment
    krishna T likes this.
    07-14-2016 01:38 PM
    Hi
    I just installed this app on my pc "windows phone message backup" and i downloaded tons of messages i never new existed. I would like to know where are these messages stored and how kan i delete the permenantly. I donnot want these message to exist anywhere and i cannot delete them permenantly i am a kind of pissed off at the moment
    the app is used to to recover messages stored in your account because you had a windows mobile that you used with sms. So those messages are yours, they were being backed up online by default because you had a windows mobile

To delete them, you have to delete on the phone first
    07-14-2016 02:46 PM
    Hi
    sorry for multiple posting i did delete them from my phone and now my sms syn is on on mu Lumia 950 and the sms are not showing on my phone but they are still showing in the pc app i uninstalled the app several times to see if it was a kind of cash but still showing
    07-14-2016 03:12 PM
    Hi
    sorry for multiple posting i did delete them from my phone and now my sms syn is on on mu Lumia 950 and the sms are not showing on my phone but they are still showing in the pc app i uninstalled the app several times to see if it was a kind of cash but still showing
    then on your phone, check in settings > backup to see if text messaging backup is on and that it has been set to anytime -
    07-14-2016 03:28 PM
    it is set to anytime. and none of these old messages on my phone how could this app access my old messages which i thought does not exist i need to get to the bottom of this issue. these are my personal messages from 2012 being accessed and brought to life by an app not even developed by microsoft
    07-14-2016 03:48 PM
    Just to be precise the messages are from 2014 and as if the app stops at may 2015. I need an answer and i demand these messages to be completly removed and i will first remove the app when i see that this app cannot access any of my old messages
    07-14-2016 04:04 PM
    it is set to anytime. and none of these old messages on my phone how could this app access my old messages which i thought does not exist i need to get to the bottom of this issue. these are my personal messages from 2012 being accessed and brought to life by an app not even developed by microsoft
    1 - you can ask MS to remove messages, contacting them via legal terms in your profile page. Everyone got a full backup of his history saved since first buy. As Android and Apple.
    2 - you GIVE PERMISSION to a 3rd party app, inserting your username and password, thats it. Relax, MS Store apps are checked better than Google crap
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-15-2016 02:43 AM
    Originally posted by Maurizio Troso
    Originally Posted by Assad Arram
    1 - you can ask MS to remove messages, contacting them via legal terms in your profile page. Everyone got a full backup of his history saved since first buy. As Android and Apple.
    2 - you GIVE PERMISSION to a 3rd party app, inserting your username and password, thats it. Relax, MS Store apps are checked better than Google crap

Ok, thanks
    07-15-2016 07:02 AM
    Thanks for the clearification but you miss one point my phone is set to syn alltime and still i donnot have any of these messages but the app is still in a way manage to get these messages thats what i think is not right
    07-16-2016 04:33 AM
    Thanks for the clearification but you miss one point my phone is set to syn alltime and still i donnot have any of these messages but the app is still in a way manage to get these messages thats what i think is not right
    are you on an insider build on the 950?
    07-17-2016 02:00 PM