Disable Bluetooth visual text messaging?

XToro

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I have an F-150 with Microsoft Sync. My 920 would come over the BT in the truck and Cortana would ask me if I wanted to read a new text message, and then I could reply etc. Now with my 650, the BT also has text messaging built-in. So on my truck's touchscreen, I now get a popup asking if I want the message read to me, or I can also have it display on the screen, and then reply/delete. So my truck's Sync system comes on telling me I have a text message. Then, Cortana cuts in and also tells me I have a new text.

My question is, how can I turn off the messaging over bluetooth feature? I don't mean the part where Cortana talks to me, I mean the part where the text is also sent to my truck's Sync system's inbox. I just want it to be an audio connection only, for Cortana and for music. Has anyone found a way to set it up this way? There are no options in my truck to turn off this text/data option.

ThermoDust

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Open Cortana. Go to settings. Then there is a section called "Read incoming text messages aloud" change to liking. I hope that is what you are asking...

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I have an F-150 with Microsoft Sync. My 920 would come over the BT in the truck and Cortana would ask me if I wanted to read a new text message, and then I could reply etc. Now with my 650, the BT also has text messaging built-in. So on my truck's touchscreen, I now get a popup asking if I want the message read to me, or I can also have it display on the screen, and then reply/delete. So my truck's Sync system comes on telling me I have a text message. Then, Cortana cuts in and also tells me I have a new text.

My question is, how can I turn off the messaging over bluetooth feature? I don't mean the part where Cortana talks to me, I mean the part where the text is also sent to my truck's Sync system's inbox. I just want it to be an audio connection only, for Cortana and for music. Has anyone found a way to set it up this way? There are no options in my truck to turn off this text/data option.

This post on a Ford Edge forum recommends unpairing and re-pairing phone, whereupon you have the option to decline Sync's access to texts:

Turning off new text notifications on SYNC - Audio, Navigation & SYNC - Ford Edge Forum

XToro

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Open Cortana. Go to settings. Then there is a section called "Read incoming text messages aloud" change to liking. I hope that is what you are asking...

No, that only sets whether or not I want Cortana to read text messages to me over BT, which I do, and that's what it's set to. What I don't want is for the message itself to be sent to my truck's inbox. When I get a text, my truck's screen shows something like the pic below:

send-and-receive-text-message-sync-myford-touch-01-GN2-A.jpg

Then I click listen to have THE TRUCK's sync system read it to me (not Cortana), view it on the screen, call the texter or ignore it. That is the part I want to disable. I don't want to disable Cortana, I want to ONLY use Cortana and turn off the other part.

This post on a Ford Edge forum recommends unpairing and re-pairing phone, whereupon you have the option to decline Sync's access to texts:

Turning off new text notifications on SYNC - Audio, Navigation & SYNC - Ford Edge Forum

Yeah no, they're talking about settings on the phone itself. I tried this a couple times and only get asked about the phonebook download.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes