Notification Sound not working after Win 10 Update - Lumia 640XL

AceIRO

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello All
I updated my Lumia 640XL to Win 10 five days ago. In the process it managed to wipe my Contacts completely and delete one of my email accounts. After a hard reset contacts came back and I managed to add my second e-mail account. I don't like the Outlook app but I will learn to live with it.

After 5 days I have managed to sort most things out except the sound notification in mail. I have set a sound to notify when new new e-mail arrives but it does not seem to be working. I get the new e-mails OK but the the notification sound is not playing. Everything is set for it to play but no luck I am afraid.
I would be grateful for some help/advice.
Many thanks..

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello All
I updated my Lumia 640XL to Win 10 five days ago. In the process it managed to wipe my Contacts completely and delete one of my email accounts. After a hard reset contacts came back and I managed to add my second e-mail account. I don't like the Outlook app but I will learn to live with it.

After 5 days I have managed to sort most things out except the sound notification in mail. I have set a sound to notify when new new e-mail arrives but it does not seem to be working. I get the new e-mails OK but the the notification sound is not playing. Everything is set for it to play but no luck I am afraid.
I would be grateful for some help/advice.
Many thanks..

Change sounds to anything but default first time. Then check if by chance you marked "Keep notification private on lock screen": unmark it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans