04-28-2016 08:12 PM
33 12
tools
    I'm waiting for the day when this app gap will end.,
    04-22-2016 05:26 AM
    The app gap is different for every individual. Personally speaking, I cant think of any app on Android/iPhone that I want on my Windows Phone. Therefore, for me, there is no app gap.
    04-22-2016 05:34 AM
    Yeah me too bt some important apps are not working smoothly as in android.(xender,share it)
    04-22-2016 11:28 AM
    The Facebook app is really killing me the app we have is AWFUL

Sent from mTalk
    libra89, xandros9 and DavidinCT like this.
    04-22-2016 11:29 AM
    This thread has been moved to an appropriate forum...

As per this advice: Who Should Post in Ask a Question? WC members are free to post in all areas of the board. Please use Ask a Question only for time critical help issues that affect the immediate functionality of your device.
    04-22-2016 03:17 PM
    You're going to be waiting for a long time.
    04-22-2016 05:31 PM
    The Facebook app is really killing me the app we have is AWFUL

Sent from mTalk
    Patience is a virtue! I didn't realize how bad the Windows Phone app is. At least it is better than the PC app.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-22-2016 10:32 PM
    To me skype is what I complain the most, it just works according the the moon's phases
    04-22-2016 10:49 PM
    I have a Lumia 830 on W10, but my daily driver is now an S7 Edge.

The "app gap" isn't a huge deal for me but Snapchat is a big one. The other is the inability to make calls/video calls from the Messenger app.
    04-23-2016 12:13 AM
    I have a Lumia 830 on W10, but my daily driver is now an S7 Edge.

The "app gap" isn't a huge deal for me but Snapchat is a big one. The other is the inability to make calls/video calls from the Messenger app.
    That's the thing, the app gap isn't about how many apps there are, but whether an app you want or need is either available or has the same functionality.

If it's just an app you want then it may be no big deal and you can live without it, but if it's an app you do actually need then it does become a problem.

One way around this of course is to simply have two devices, but that can be a bit inconvenient if you need to use the app(s) while actually mobile.
    04-23-2016 08:54 AM
    That's the thing, the app gap isn't about how many apps there are, but whether an app you want or need is either available or has the same functionality.

If it's just an app you want then it may be no big deal and you can live without it, but if it's an app you do actually need then it does become a problem.

One way around this of course is to simply have two devices, but that can be a bit inconvenient if you need to use the app(s) while actually mobile.
    That's how I feel, it's not about the number of apps now but rather W10M having the apps that a user wants/needs. It's not really a problem for me as I have all the apps I need.
    04-23-2016 05:33 PM
    I'm waiting for the day when this app gap will end.,
    Me too! But that day came when I bought my 950xl. Before that, I had a Blackberry Z30. Talk about app gap...sheesh! Windows store is like a Super Walmart in comparison to the Blackberry World store, lol.
    04-23-2016 06:15 PM
    For me there are no apps that I need that I cannot get.

Except of course, Starbucks :)
    04-24-2016 01:50 AM
    Everybody is like "I have all the apps I need except these 1-2 apps which is fine" and if you gather all those 1-2 apps in the comments then it becomes a massive app gap :)

App gap is there we shouldn't deny it, but if Microsoft keeps W10M up-to-date and keeps releasing hardware (even though they release fewer hardware), platform will gain market share slowly but surely. So my guess is that if Microsoft keeps updating the OS and keeps releasing hardware then we will have a quite comprehensive store in 2-3 years.

My only concern is the shareholders. If they put pressure on Satya then he might have to close down Mobile department (at least hardware department). And the day Microsoft closes down the mobile hardware department I am out of here because no OEM can make as quality hardware as Microsoft.
    04-24-2016 02:44 AM
    Me too! But that day came when I bought my 950xl. Before that, I had a Blackberry Z30. Talk about app gap...sheesh! Windows store is like a Super Walmart in comparison to the Blackberry World store, lol.
    To be fair that's like moving from the middle of nowhere, where you were lucky if you even had a village store, to another larger village where you now have 3 stores, while everyone else has been moving back to the City. Nothing wrong with that of course
    04-24-2016 02:29 PM
    I use following apps regularly on my 640XL running W10 build .218

1. 6tag (instagram equivalent)- works perfectly fine, sometimes slow to launch
    2. Amazon shopping app
    3. Amazon kindle app
    4. evernote
    5. Facebook
    6.Twitter
    7. Flipboard
    8. Bank apps - ICICI, HDFC
    9. Office lens
    10. MS office ( word, excel, ppt)
    11. One drive, one note
    12. Mails ( exchange+ outlook+ gmail)
    13. Maps - Native WP10 Maps

I am not facing any issues. Battery life is solid.
    If someone wants to use more than 15-18 apps everyday, they need to get a life !!!! :P
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    04-25-2016 09:14 AM
    I use following apps regularly on my 640XL running W10 build .218

1. 6tag (instagram equivalent)- works perfectly fine, sometimes slow to launch
    2. Amazon shopping app
    3. Amazon kindle app
    4. evernote
    5. Facebook
    6.Twitter
    7. Flipboard
    8. Bank apps - ICICI, HDFC
    9. Office lens
    10. MS office ( word, excel, ppt)
    11. One drive, one note
    12. Mails ( exchange+ outlook+ gmail)
    13. Maps - Native WP10 Maps

I am not facing any issues. Battery life is solid.
    If someone wants to use more than 15-18 apps everyday, they need to get a life !!!! :P
    It's easy to dismiss the app gap as it is to blow it out of proportion, but take a look...

Facebook is vastly inferior to other OSes in speed and sometimes features.
    I'm missing my bank app: Navy Federal.
    Snapchat is missing entirely, FB Messenger hasn't seen a feature update in who-knows-how-long.

Sure I'll live, but my habits probably don't make sense to an outsider. Like, why would this guy want to use a phone running a beta-quality OS (its solid but has issues still) without a couple useful apps when it wasn't too long ago that he was using an iPhone/Galaxy?
    04-25-2016 10:32 AM
    It's easy to dismiss the app gap as it is to blow it out of proportion, but take a look...

Facebook is vastly inferior to other OSes in speed and sometimes features.
    I'm missing my bank app: Navy Federal.
    Snapchat is missing entirely, FB Messenger hasn't seen a feature update in who-knows-how-long.

Sure I'll live, but my habits probably don't make sense to an outsider. Like, why would this guy want to use a phone running a beta-quality OS (its solid but has issues still) without a couple useful apps when it wasn't too long ago that he was using an iPhone/Galaxy?
    Agree, but again it comes to personal choice.
    I also have a Samsung note 4 which i use occasionally - unexplained heatups, poor signal reception, sudden battery drains, mobile heating up when on long calls are some of the issues which makes me hate it & i really don't care how many gigs of RAM or how many cores of CPU it has. I have also used iphones ( 5, 5s, 6+), nexus 6 etc..but i keep coming back to WP.
    As per me, a phone should do the basic tasks of calls/texts/mails etc flawlessly which Lumia does. I am not that much into FB, snapchat etc.
    I use twitter and 6tag on a regular basis and they work fine . ( LinkedIn app sucks BIG time on WP, i would love to get google maps-offical app on WP))
    These are just my personal views :)
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-25-2016 12:14 PM
    Just bring google apps and services and everyone will follow
    As simple as that
    04-25-2016 12:16 PM
    As simple as that
    Not necessarily, most users who rely on Google Services are pretty deep into the ecosystem and have a lot of $$$ tied up in hardware.

Changing platforms can be very expensive even if all Apps/Services are equal.

Entrenchment is the problem and one that Microsoft has yet to overcome in the pocket-sized-mobile arena (screens 6" and under) while they have made great progress in 7" to 14" screens. In fact the 11" - 14" arena was in dispute when netbooks first took off, but Microsoft repelled an incursion from Linux in that area... And they have also made great progress vs Android and iOS in the tablet area through development of the newest weapon, the 2-in-1 or convertible.

It's very closely analogous to trench warfare. Little ground is gained on a short term basis.
    Laura Knotek and xandros9 like this.
    04-25-2016 02:26 PM
    As simple as that
    Not necessarily, most users who rely on Google Services are pretty deep into the ecosystem and have a lot of $$$ tied up in hardware.

Changing platforms can be very expensive even if all Apps/Services are equal.

Entrenchment is the problem and one that Microsoft has yet to overcome in the pocket-sized-mobile arena (screens 6" and under) while they have made great progress in 7" to 14" screens. In fact the 11" - 14" arena was in dispute when netbooks first took off, but Microsoft repelled an incursion from Linux in that area... And they have also made great progress vs Android and iOS in the tablet area through development of the newest weapon, the 2-in-1 or convertible.

It's very closely analogous to trench warfare. Little ground is gained on a short term basis.
    I think another missing link beside Google is Amazon.

Amazon Prime members get Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Prime Music, and Amazon Prime Photos in addition to 2-day free shipping. There aren't any apps for Windows 10 Mobile for these Amazon services.
    04-25-2016 02:33 PM
    I think another missing link beside Google is Amazon.

Amazon Prime members get Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Prime Music, and Amazon Prime Photos in addition to 2-day free shipping. There aren't any apps for Windows 10 Mobile for these Amazon services.
    I have to think that Amazon, despite having their own platform, will develop UWP apps. When it's all of Windows and XBox and not just WM it's too big a market for them to ignore IMO.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-25-2016 04:24 PM
    I have to think that Amazon, despite having their own platform, will develop UWP apps. When it's all of Windows and XBox and not just WM it's too big a market for them to ignore IMO.
    Kind of annoying that there is an Amazon video app for roku and not windows anything.
    Joe920 likes this.
    04-25-2016 04:48 PM
    Off topic

Fb app to is no where near ios/droid.i can't even share a post toa grp.yes we can decide who sees the post it that's what groups are for.U can't xpect to classify allur frndz.even pics from grp post don't display only the comments do.
    That's really half baked,hav tried both nd not sure what's so sp abt beta
    Web portal is better with the pin login nd like options
    04-26-2016 02:48 AM
    Sure there are apps on Windows phone that suit the experience. But it's insane how big the gap is. I can almost turn my android into a windows phone if I wanted. Windows phone I can't really do anything, except "windows stuff"

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    04-26-2016 05:31 AM
33 12