Music identification without Cortana?

thzman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had the W10M TP installed on my L920 for a long time and its quite interesting to see it changing over time. What I hadn't reflected on though was that the dedicated music search button had vanished until I heard a song on TV and wanted to know who the artist was. I fear that this, like quiet hours (I can't really understand that one), have been moved into the functionality of Cortana. The problem is that Cortana is not activated in Sweden where I live. Is music recognition moved to somewhere else and I haven't been looking hard enough, or is it just gone without Cortana and I have to rely on other tools to be a able to identify music?

thzman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Thanks for the info. I knew about that one but I didn't really think that MS would remove a function that's been working beautifully since I got my first WinPhone in 2013. But obviously I was wrong. Pity.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I downloaded an app myself. But why take away such simple and native feature? Why can't we see the last time a app was updated on the store anymore?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I downloaded an app myself. But why take away such simple and native feature? Why can't we see the last time a app was updated on the store anymore?

Yea I agree with ya on the first one... I think MS figured Cortana would be in more hands by now, making it a very handy addition, but that isn't the case..

Your second point is a source of frustration for many.. even me!

thzman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I read Daniel Rubino's latest piece on the future for W10M. Maybe we can hope for 2017 when mobile will/might be the main focus area for the further development of Windows, together with the new hardware and stuff. *fingers crossed * :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium