The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Hey guys,

I want to make this post so that Microsoft may see what exactly we want in our next mobile update. So please share your ideas and tag your Microsoft tech guys!! I am no repo for them, I am just curious to know what ideas you guys might have!!
    04-24-2016 07:14 PM
    Working VoLTE and WiFi calling, in the US, with carrier portability (a couple of phones on specific carriers doesn't count). The 950 (XL) and others are "implemented", but there's actually almost no carrier you can choose to use these features, with the XL there's none that I've found.

Secondarily, STABILITY, for Release Ring anyway. 218 is a bit of a coin-toss, trying to pull pics via USB, launch some apps, etc, half the time things crash, don't behave correctly. 218 has improvements, but some basics went away at the same time.
    Last edited by PGrey; 04-24-2016 at 07:25 PM. Reason: additions
    04-24-2016 07:23 PM
    Great!

I really think Windows Phones are great, but they do need some tweeks!!

1. Better background tasking. Most apps like Messenger and WhatsApp takes a while to show up on my phone.
    2. a Restart option. I though that the pulling down was a good difference to the mobile world, but I do wish to have a restart option.
    3. Auto connect with VPN.
    4. Feature to turn off SIM1 or SIM2 on dual chip cellphones. I have a dual chip phone (640 XL LTE) and I don't use both chips all the time.
    5. Frontal Flash. Like the iPhone and the new Samsung Galaxy, flashing the screen white would be a good advancement.
    04-24-2016 07:42 PM
    1) Let apps run in the background
    2) rotate home screen
    3) split screen
    4) clip board
    04-24-2016 09:37 PM
    Well the most important thing I need fixed is the battery life. It was total BS in the first builds, then it got a bit better, now it's going downhill again. I need my phone to go trough the whole day on a single charge. And god damn it I have a 3400 mAh battery, if that can't go a full day then I don't know what can!

The second thing that needs fixing is the camera. Turns out that it's not only the photo quality that's complete crap, it's also video recording. Don't even try to record a video on the latest build.

And the third thing I would like to get better is Edge. It needs better support for HTML5, especially stuff that's supposed to replace flash. I can't open a lot of videos, or live streams, and it's a bit frustrating. Edge team needs to step it up BIG time, because they have a lot to catch up with.

The rest is great. A few app updates here and there would be nice, especially the FB app (which MS develops). But that's another story for another time.
    04-25-2016 06:41 AM