Anyone using Sygic? It keeps crashing on me.

NutmegState

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I just recently purchased a 950XL coming from a Lumia 920

While Sygic ran fairly well on the 920, my experience on the 950XL I am not to happy about.

The worst is that it continues to simply crash and exit for no apparent reason even if I am in a Setting screen.
While on the 920, Voice navigation worked great under Bluetooth, now it does not work at all
Maps are not up to date

However, the crashing is the most annoying, anyone experiencing this problem?

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I use it and Waze both on my 950XL. It's been stable for my uses of it, so far. A few questions for you (I'm being specific about where to look in case you don't know):

1. Which build of Windows 10 Mobile are you running? (Can check via Settings -> System -> About -> "More info" -> OS Build)
2. What firmware is your phone running?(Can check via Settings -> System -> About -> "More info" -> Firmware Revision number)
3. Are you using an SD card on your phone? If so, what is the brand, model and size?

Hopefully someone here can help (even if I cannot)!

NutmegState

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
OS Build: 10.0.10586.218 (It was on the phone when I received it)
Firmware: 01078.00038.16025.39005
Nope, no SD Card yet. Just ordered one from Amazon this evening.

If it matters, this is an Unlocked 950XL with AT&T SIM

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, we're running the same hardware and firmware (I have the non-essential update from having used the WDRT tool to reset my phone a couple of weeks ago.) I am running the latest Fast Ring preview build (14328) and, for me, Sygic is running well. I occasionally have it drop to the start screen (when in Settings) but it is intermittent. (I also have an AT&T SIM in my phone.)

Maps being not up to date - is that possible? The app makes you manually download the maps, as far as I know. Additionally, the maps will take a while to update and reflect new roads in most areas since Sygic isn't as dynamic as Waze.

I really don't know what to suggest here, unfortunately.. Except to uninstall and reinstall the app and its maps.

fgaucher

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi ,
I have a Lumia 950 XL dual sim on Rogers in Canada. I had purchase Sygic last december (2015). Was running well of to around last march (2016). Since march, Sygic (16.2.4) keeps closing by itself with no error message. I am on Windows Insider. My Lumia is fully up to date. The firmware is also the latest. I tried everything: Reinstall Windows mobile with the official build, reinstall Windows mobile with Fast Insider build, uninstall Sygic, reinstall it. Try with different maps, voice, language etc. Nothing solved the problem. I also Installed Sygic (16.2.4) on my Surface Pro 3 which is running Windows 10 mobile latest version. Guess what ? Exactly the same problem. So it cannot be a problem with the phone or the firmware because I have the save problem on both devices. It may be a problem with the Microsoft Account use to purchase Sygic, or Sygic itself (version 16.2.4) or the maps or.... Anyway, I sent a LOT of message to Sygic technical support. The WORST technical support I saw. No email acknowledgement, when they answer, its a month later, no solution. Tried to reach them via Twitter or the application comment. No answer. Very disapointed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte