05-06-2016 05:34 PM
80 ... 234
tools
    Yes they do, I still have a working Nokia X7-00 lying around.
    The X7-00 is solid.
    I had a C7-00, but I raise you a classic 6303, now SIM-less, now the best alarm clock I have. It last three months on a single charge.

Sent from mTalk
    05-06-2016 09:30 AM
    The 6303 just won't break, I think my aunt still has one in her drawer.
    Can I ask what device the 6303 is chilling on? The yellow looks stunning.
    05-06-2016 09:40 AM
    It's resting on The Yellow Beast.. i.e 1520.
    I put in the picture just for size comparison.

The 6303, like the C7-00 was similar, plastic body but a removable stainless steel back plate to access the battery. Super solid

Sent from mTalk
    05-06-2016 10:13 AM
    App availability depends on user base, so if you live in a small community and Windows Phone/Mobile becomes popular over there, you can make local businesses bring your apps to Windows and make your own life (not Microsoft's) easier.
    Just won't happen anywhere in the USA unless you live in Seattle where Microsoft is based, and that doesn't count as a small community. If you are on Windows phone here in the USA your default position must be that specialized niche apps just won't exist for local businesses. I'm fine with that most of the time since I don't want to do e-commerce on my phone--too many security risks. I use my phone for communication first, receiving information second, productivity third, and maps and navigation fourth. I could care less if the local coffee shop has a Windows app--I'll just order from the menu.
    05-06-2016 04:02 PM
    I promote W10M by using them every day. My drivers use them, we've got 14 in the company. Some drivers love their androids, some have iPhones. They use the W10M becaue it is easy to incorportate into my 'little' company, and also driver security (most people don't know they exist!). We make full use of one drive and cortana, where the office staff can send texts from the PC's etc, and visa versa. Despite their affections for android and iPhone, they find the Windows devices very straight forward, and easy to use, without too much of 'My Samsung / iPhone does this'.

I have recently bought an iPad 3. I don't care it's not the 4, I couldn't justify the massive price difference. As a tablet OS, iOS is a very effective tool, and, having educated myself, and sat and learnt the idiosyncrasies of the OS, I actually enjoy it. It's well nailed together, and it should be, they charge enough! I still wouldn't have one as a phone though. I don't know why, I just don't like the phone form, or the price!

So, having read some of the earlier posts about 'haters', I admit, I did not like the iPhone, I had a couple. I thought the iPad would be the same, but the OS just works on that form. I guess it's all about perception, and as mentioned earlier, people not willing to learn their way around. It's human nature to stick with what you are comfortable with, and I guess in a way, that's how Samsung and Apple have stayed ahead by releasing the same old device with a few updates, a slightly different form and an even shinier badge on the back. The fashionistas love them for it, and they have created a whole new sector of 'phone snobbery', especially when you buy a case for an iPhone, with a big hole in the back so people can see it when you are using it. Maybe, the reason for the cross platform haters, is just that. OS snobbery?

Anyways, back on track, I use windows devices in my business, and 'wow' clients with continuum. OK, maybe not 'wow', but it does surprise them
    05-06-2016 05:34 PM
80 ... 234