What have you done today to promote Windows Phone/Windows 10 Mobile?

Irakly

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Found a crowded place and started waving my 30$ cost Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE Windows Phone?? so everybody could clearly see my unique start screen :grincry:

In MS We Trust

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
But apparently you're using a surface.. the small things count too :D I have a 635/920 and a 925 that needs fixing.. None of them will see RS, but there ain't much to do about it at the end of the day.

Unless someone want to help me get a mob together so we can hunt those MS execs down!!! Ok I strayed off topic :/

There is a way to make your phone "think" that its a device which can receive RS updates. Search the forums or bing it

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
On another note I have opened a small microsoft oriented store in my country. (Barbados) so far I find its the lack of how nice w10 is that people don't know about. It was never an option. But I did some strong advertising and a bit of interest is catching on. Alot of "I didn't know that" The lumia 1020 is a big seller. People here are social media maniacs. Plus its our reggae festival season so people need their xenon for those moments! So far things are slowly building. Continuum is fascinating the public.
2. Apps (local and some international) are coming. Kfc, subway, rbc bank, cibc bank, all in the process of porting to w10 with continuum. (I really need an "in house" developer!!! Anyone???)
Uber is being negotiated. To have an Uber (Barbados) app. We're a tourist destination.
I use Glide (www.glide.me) as we don't have Snapchat. So have encouraged people to use it. And its cross platform.
So I've done my bits. :)

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
What have I done? hmm, so far convinced over 65 friends who are now using windows phone, most of workmates using, Now 50% of people that work in my company use it! My gf has 830 , mom has 640, with the deal Microsoft offering now concerning the phones, some workmates are grabbing also, I've been a Windows Phone user for quite sometime and I want nothing else but to see the ecosystem grow and more users for mobile. My whole backstreet in my neighbourhood now using Lumias, it all starts from me doing stuff with my phone and showing them how fast I can get stuff done and see important info on the Start Screen, soon after my tutorials and show of how good our OS is (even without the list of many crappy apps that others long for ) had them wanting one, I assist many with purchasing of one since I live in Caribbean

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I have been using Lumias for several years, and now I am using a Lumia 640 with W10 Mobile on it. I have talked to a few people about Windows on phones but they just give you a blank stare, and frankly it makes no sense for most people when everyone they know, their entire family, and all their co-workers use Android or an iPhone--in business it is all iPhones everywhere. I work in software support and at work when someone says "phone" they mean iPhone and everyone knows that, because almost all of them are using them. A few geaky types in the more technical departments use Android, but not many. I would guess based on some statistics I see that at least 80% of the people in our industry (a big one) use iPhones, so it makes no sense for anyone to look elsewhere.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
The best thing you can do is buy apps/games. It may sound like not a big issue but user numbers don't always translate to revenue. If you compare iphone to android, iphone developers make more revenue even though android has more users. Xbox users apparently do more purchasing than PS4 users. So even if you have say 200 million users, if a lot of them are making purchases developers see that there is something to this eco system.

So yah, I do my part by making purchases. That's all you really need to do.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
There is a way to make your phone "think" that its a device which can receive RS updates. Search the forums or bing it

ROBBIE!! :D

Yea I know about it, but that causes bootloops now. In any case I really like 218 on my phones so I isn't complaining

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
The most recent thing I did to promote it was take photos and share them. I only have a L920, and even that, still takes much better photos than so many other phones around. Having one of the best cameras (in phones) around is a really strong feature of the nokia/MS phones.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Every time someone asks me to repair their broken iPhone screen I make sure they know that for a mere $30, a fraction of what it will cost to replace that one part, they could have an entirely new phone that in my not so humble opinion works better and is easier to use. If they seem interested, I'll give them a demo of continuum.

Kar98

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Every time someone asks me to repair their broken iPhone screen I make sure they know that for a mere $30, a fraction of what it will cost to replace that one part, they could have an entirely new phone that in my not so humble opinion works better and is easier to use. If they seem interested, I'll give them a demo of continuum.

Yeah and when I asked the guy in the "We repair ALL cellphones!" place if he could fix the shattered screen on my 1320, he laughed me out of the store.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah and when I asked the guy in the "We repair ALL cellphones!" place if he could fix the shattered screen on my 1320, he laughed me out of the store.

To be fair, I've had repair shops say they don't do the screens on some very popularly selling devices mike Nexi. It's shop dependent really.

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
What have you done today to promote Windows Phone/Windows 10 Mobile?

I used my L925 with an old version of W10M (10.0.10586.164) on it.

Debating how long to stick with my almost 3yo phone and what my next phone will be. I have even considered dropping out of the smartphone game and going back to a feature phone with a physical dial pad. For real.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested in seeing how you demo Continuum on a $30 phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb