All Of My Media Erased From My SD card on Build .218?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Not sure what happened with my SD card on my 640, but I have a 128gb sandisk card and I had alot of mp3 albums and tons of pictures, I had took a screenshot to share on twitter and all of a sudden all of my media files pics and songs are seemingly deleted

When I browse the SD card my folders are still there for individual albums but when I open the folders the only thing in there is album art no mp3 or music files. When I open a pictures folder on the SD card the camera roll, screenshots and everything else is empty. Folders that I've created are still on the card but any picture, mp3 or video that was on the card seems to have been erased

Has this happened to anyone else? I haven't been able to get to a computer to see if the computer can pick up the contents of the card yet but it's weird it erased things off my card like that. I still have pdf files on the card that never got erased it's just only pictures videos and music.

I hard reset the phone and contents are still not showing on the card.

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Probably corrupt card or a file system error. Take out the SD card and read it on a pc. Use a software such as Recuva. If PC can't read the card *Don't* format it. You will need other software to fix it.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Probably corrupt card or a file system error. Take out the SD card and read it on a pc. Use a software such as Recuva. If PC can't read the card *Don't* format it. You will need other software to fix it.

Ok I connected it to my tablet and it shows the same way all the media is deleted. Not sure why it deleted tho most of the stuff I had was backed up.

It didn't delete any other files only mp3s and pictures

Sent from mTalk

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
I would suggest a Windows PC or MacOS or a Linux laptop/desktop. I don't know much about Android tablet, but there are more tools to recover files on those platforms. Recuva is one of them for a Windows PC, made by the team who made CCCleaner. And it is free without restrictions.

I suggest you make an image copy (a bit by bit exact copy) of your card, and do your files recovery from a copy of that image. Therefore there is no chance of more errors contaminating the SD Card. There are many disk cloning and file recovery utilities there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)