Uh oh. Did I "brick" my 1520 while upgrading to 10586.242?

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Guys,

The problem: my 1520.3 battery is so low that the 15286.242 can't finish updating. When I try, the gears turn for about 30 seconds, but it crashes and stops. I get the ominous upside down smile face. "Rinse and repeat." I'm worried.

Background: Since testing 14xxx Redstone, my 1520.3 (battery?) has been acting very strangely (basically randomly crashing the phone, battery going from a good charge to zero charge. Then after brief (minutes) charge, battery full! Very fussy). So about a week ago, I rolled back to 10586.218 hoping a stable build would fix it. The "Battery" problems persisted. Hmmm. When 10586.242 came along, I downloaded it. Unfortunately, "someone" (it was me) was multitasking and didn't keep the phone plugged in during the install. Though it indicated plenty of battery, the aforementioned, crash occurred. I used the Microsoft Device Recovery Tool too: same result. And now: I'm at the problem above. Not enough battery to finish update. Limbo!

More stuff: a) The 1520 battery is not removable. b) The 1520 starts up when I plug it in. So the install starts, then crashes for insufficient battery. c) due to "b)" it can't charge itself., d) I wonder if I cooked the battery when the 1520 was running so hot with the Preview Builds.

Help me!!!!!!

Last edited:

Ind1fference79

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I've had battery and heating issues during an upgrade. I just had to keep it plugged in until battery was charged and then I had to let it cool off. Then I wiped it with nokia tool and started over.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
My first question is......are plugged into a wall charger or USB ??? If USB get plugged into a wall outlet, as USB ports do a fine slow charge, but the Wall charger should set you straight.

Let it fail ( if it must), but stay plugged in for at least an hour ( on wall charger), then I would use the Nokia Software Recovery Tool ( please note....not the Microsoft Recovery Tool ).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss