Windows 10 Mobile: ALL APPS CRASHING

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

ALL the applications are crashing. I updated my cellphone to W10 Mobile some months ago but this had never happened. Gallery won't open. Store won't open. Contacts list won't open. EVEN CONFIGURATION & SETTINGS DOESN'T OPEN.

What in the hll am I supposed to do?

I have a Lumia 640XL btw

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Are you on official release or on any of the insider builds?

If you are on insider builds, which I assume you are as you stated you upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile, since the official update came out about a month ago, you should revert either to production release ring or to Windows 8.1 using Windows Recovery tool or, if you badly want to stay on insider build do a hard reset.

However if you're not on any Insider builds, you can try to do a soft reset and if that doesn't work you'll probably have eto od a hard reset ( I assumed you can't check for app updates as you said Store won't open for you).

Mariana Albuquerque

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I can't do a reset because it won't even let me access Settings menu.
I've just noticed I can only use apps like 6Tag, Instagram and the Internet Explorer. All the other apps crash.
It's insider building

PS: I did this question before I made my account

How can I do a hard reset if I can't even open the phone's settings?

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Try to do a soft reset (while your phone is on take off the back cover and take out the battery, then put the battery back in and attach the cover back to your phone and turn it on).

BTW - Can you open Windows Insider app?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss