Much Needed Addition Required ASAP

Panos Athanasiou

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I just dont get it people?? You know that The double tap to wake has to be added from the hardware like glance right? I got it on my lumia 535 and most people dont have it on lumia 950 well an update to the phone cant solve this because it lacks the hardware to do it not the software and yes not only i tried to see if it works(since i dont use it) but now it didnt eve require a restart ^_^!! so calm down people if the phone has it Windows 10 does support it its said that it even supports LED but no lumias have LED notifications :3 so dont complain for hardware things.... like add it on lumia 950 or the XL because its too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by Panos Athanasiou
I just dont get it people?? You know that The double tap to wake has to be added from the hardware like glance right? I got it on my lumia 535 and most people dont have it on lumia 950 well an update to the phone cant solve this because it lacks the hardware to do it not the software and yes not only i tried to see if it works(since i dont use it) but now it didnt eve require a restart ^_^!! so calm down people if the phone has it Windows 10 does support it its said that it even supports LED but no lumias have LED notifications :3 so dont complain for hardware things.... like add it on lumia 950 or the XL because its too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense for those features to not be added if it is done at the hardware level.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
It's not removed so much as it has not been enabled on any of the devices built for W10M. I still have it in my 1520 and my 640 running W10M.

Oh yes, got it! But why do they strip out the features that are useful and then wait for people to give feedback? It's ridiculous!
Guess, no one has answer to this. They been doing this for ages. Changing brand names and removing features seems to be Microsoft's hobby!

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
what we need is a better hacker community, seriously, that tap thing is just a copy-paste away from every phone

maybe Nadella could make this thing more flexible-open, it doesn't have much going for it nowadays so at least he could extend his Linux-gnu software love to this matter and lessen the suffering on the remaining fans-enthusiasts

Abhinav Mudaliar

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Watching the polling trend....Their is high demand for Double Tap To Wake Up with high majority....(For now will make do with the double tap the navigation bar to switch off feature)
2nd highest is a close call between the LED notification support and The Charging on switch off mode...
3rd and 4th Spot is shared by Battery Indicator and Pick up accent colour respectively...
Vibrate on pickup is a total noo

Matthew Todd

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Is my phone messed up? My Nokia 830 with latest fast ring 10m still wakes up when I double tap it on the screen. I was planning on hard reset, but if I have to give up DDTW, then I don't want to do that.

-Matt

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is my phone messed up? My Nokia 830 with latest fast ring 10m still wakes up when I double tap it on the screen. I was planning on hard reset, but if I have to give up DDTW, then I don't want to do that.

-Matt

The feature should remain present after reset. It has for me on 2 devices (1520/640).

It's not removed from W10M. It has not been added into the firmware of made for W10M devices (950XL/950/650/550).

Verne57

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I tried it. I just couldn't figure out the big fuss. I could see it in the car scenarios that others mentioned. But sitting on my desk, it just isn't a burden to press the side button.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When I used a Galaxy a month ago, the notification LED had its perks. From across the room I could see whether I had a text message (and from whom or what app, depending on how I configured it) or whether it was fully charged.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss