Fast charging in lumia 950xl

lucky4ansh

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I was curious about the fast charging feature in lumia 950xl. Its been a day that I have purchased the XL and really enjoying it. Just wanted to know if there really is such a feature or it only works with usb 3 ports? I have the fast wall charger supplied by Microsoft but it takes around 5 hours to charge the device.

How should i get the benefit of the fast charge? Or am I missing something here?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I was curious about the fast charging feature in lumia 950xl. Its been a day that I have purchased the XL and really enjoying it. Just wanted to know if there really is such a feature or it only works with usb 3 ports? I have the fast wall charger supplied by Microsoft but it takes around 5 hours to charge the device.

How should i get the benefit of the fast charge? Or am I missing something here?

The 950xl should take 2 hours to charge using the MS wall charger. So there might be some issue with your charger. When you are charging the phone, is anything happening in the background like syncing or updating? Or are you actively using the phone while charging?

A USB 3.0 port or higher can charge your phone faster compared with USB 2.0

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Read the wall charger laber: how many mAmperes?

A pc standard USB 3.0 port give 0.9 Amps instead of standard 0.5 of USB 2.0
There are some notebook USB 3.0 fast charge (they got a lightning label on) reaching 3.0 Amps

lucky4ansh

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
The 950xl should take 2 hours to charge using the MS wall charger. So there might be some issue with your charger. When you are charging the phone, is anything happening in the background like syncing or updating? Or are you actively using the phone while charging?

A USB 3.0 port or higher can charge your phone faster compared with USB 2.0

At the time of buying, the unit was completely dead. I put it to wall charger and it took around 30 min to boot the device. After that, it took almost 6-7 hours to get it to 100%.

The charging time has reduced to 3.5 hours now, but I still feel its a bit slow and the battery drain too. I have a 3A output charger

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
At the time of buying, the unit was completely dead. I put it to wall charger and it took around 30 min to boot the device. After that, it took almost 6-7 hours to get it to 100%.

The charging time has reduced to 3.5 hours now, but I still feel its a bit slow and the battery drain too. I have a 3A output charger

does the phone feel warm?

Try this, switch off wifi, data, bluetooth and then see how long it takes to charge. Also, check settings > system > about > more info. What build does it show? OS build : 10.0.10586.242? Or something else?

Ygglens

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
You should get the phone and charger replaced. The battery is very likely damaged, as the phone is supposed to get fully charged in under 2 hours. My 950 (not xl) only takes an hour to get from 0-100%.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon