The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-30-2016 09:42 PM
132 12345 ...
tools
    the twitter post clearly reads "plan to upgrade"

well, plans changed. in no way does it said they "WILL". just buy a native 10m phone.
    Oh yes they did and they did it on an official presentation

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ml#post3440921

But it's already done(dead?) deal and kudos for MSFT so no need to further discuss.

And yes I know we shouldn't expect much from an unsupported device on preview build (Ironically this unofficially, unsupported compromise is the only way officially suggested for old devices to survive) even it's not packing much new features(if not less) into it over wp8.1, however I think it's fair for user who had PAID for the device to feel disappoint towards the MSFT first-party RD team for a awful work(not only the w10m situation but also the slow development pace in the past three years) compare to XDA third-party team who given better quality ROM for FREE.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 05-09-2016 at 09:53 PM. Reason: cleanup on aisle 5
    05-09-2016 09:22 PM
    the twitter post clearly reads "plan to upgrade"

well, plans changed. in no way does it said they "WILL". just buy a native 10m phone.
    No thank you. Not right now.
    05-09-2016 10:11 PM
    I find it really hard to believe people saying that they have no bugs and that their W10M device works perfect ... Either you are not using your phone or you are just trolling us.
    05-10-2016 01:42 AM
    I find it really hard to believe people saying that they have no bugs and that their W10M device works perfect ... Either you are not using your phone or you are just trolling us.
    Did people here really say that all works perfectly?! I do not think so.
    I have problems, yep, but they are not too bad; a bit embarrassing as Cortana is unstable on my device and has some problems with my Bluetooth devices. With Location enabled the battery drain is bad (meaning a loss of 1% to 3% per hour). Some Apps are slow, like the Windows Central one, but that seems to be a problem of these apps and not of Windows. While recording a video with my 930 the audio is somewhat low but all speakers seem to work, anyway, that would be a hardware problem.

So, why should I join in this Windows-10-Mobile-is-bad-quire?
    Misayuki, aximtreo and RumoredNow like this.
    05-10-2016 02:07 AM
    Or quite possibly and most likely,their experience is better than yours. It's much like the issues with the so called bend gate with iphones or the alleged lag with android. While the later can be easily proven, both situations find people experiencing different things.

I discovered on the Redstone insider builds, my phone does not work great at all. On the release preview version, however, it works just perfectly fine :) suggesting I don't use my phone or I'm trolling is disingenuous :)
    05-10-2016 02:25 AM
    Did people here really say that all works perfectly?! I do not think so.
    I have problems, yep, but they are not too bad; a bit embarrassing as Cortana is unstable on my device and has some problems with my Bluetooth devices. With Location enabled the battery drain is bad (meaning a loss of 1% to 3% per hour). Some Apps are slow, like the Windows Central one, but that seems to be a problem of these apps and not of Windows. While recording a video with my 930 the audio is somewhat low but all speakers seem to work, anyway, that would be a hardware problem.

So, why should I join in this Windows-10-Mobile-is-bad-quire?
    I've discovered you area freak if you don't label this os badly :)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    05-10-2016 02:26 AM
    I think all of us have our own issues on Windows 10 Mobile, depending on the device itself and insider program ring.

For example, on my 950Xl on the Fast ring, the latest build, whilst stable, does occasionally give me a random restart or apps force close or fail to open entirely.

For this, I just find alternate applications that work and do the same job. There are some issues I cannot fix though as they are the fault of the OS and for those I just post on here like everyone else and wait for a new build.
    RumoredNow and Jamar Wright like this.
    05-10-2016 03:25 AM
    every phone has their own settings, apps and setup patterns. What works for one might not work for another. Cortana isn't available for the majority of countries and hence if you don't have Cortana, you don't have Cortana related bugs and issues. Some phones are open, not locked to carriers thus their issues are also fewer. Some people have fewer apps and use the phone less than others thus their chances of running into bugs is also lower. I don't use the Edge browser so I haven't experience bugs with Edge. Bugs and issues will be seen the more you use the phone, the more you use apps, the higher number of apps etc.

Perhaps additionally, people have their own definitions of what counts as a bug/issue. Messaging takes 5 seconds to open can be a bug for one user but usual for someone else.
    05-10-2016 05:36 AM
    On a whim, I fired up my old Titan II running WP7. The speed difference is amazing. Photos, Email, People, Games, Calendar, Settings..they all open immediately on the Titan II.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Motorola Q9H, Samsung Focus, HTC Titan II, Lumia 925, Lumia 640, Lumia 950
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Funny how, with all the improvements, the experience was better back then.
    05-10-2016 07:12 AM
    Funny how, with all the improvements, the experience was better back then.
    We're probably comparing a couple of different beasts though. The Windows 7 version was probably a polished product, whereas for many of us Windows 10 is development version and, if not, hasn't caught up with the desktop version, which was released some months in advance.

The Windows 10 version is also potentially able to do much more than Windows 7 did, so the OS itself isn't fully like for like. If we'd wanted to remain with a good but limited core OS then we'd probably not be running a handset with 10 now, as many - though not all - of us are using 10 as we're early adopters and like to be somewhat at the cutting edge of what's possible (warts and all).
    Chintan Gohel and RumoredNow like this.
    05-10-2016 07:25 AM
    Lie! I use 640LTE and after hard reset, w10m works somehow good just first few days. Than start lagging on lock screen, even phone dialer is slow. Not to mention WhatsApp and Viber... So frustrating and the Edge is so slow and not responsive. Try to open desktop view sites of phonearena, gsmarena etc.
    So, do not telling me that is working fine on 640!
    05-10-2016 08:30 AM
    Wow you have high standard of ROMs, respect that.

According to the same standard I guess the w10m insider builds are all garbage level of quality to you?
    Nope, my w10m works great on my 1020. fast, smooth, great battery life. lollipop on my s2x and note 1 were horrid slow, laggy had to charge in 4 hrs and most of the time just LOCKED up. Big difference in my android phones with both stock and custom and my w10m running 242.
    05-10-2016 08:37 AM
    I've had issues, known issues from an Insider build that were corrected with the next build a few days later. Otherwise, my 950 has been a wonderful phone, and yes, I do use it. Same deal on the desktop side with an Inspiron 7459.

I don't get upset with bugs. I signed on to test this stuff. I know it is all a work in progress, but I get the software for free. I'm no tech wizard, so I find it fun to explore these things.
    RumoredNow and Jamar Wright like this.
    05-10-2016 09:26 AM
    I use mg 950 as my daily driver. I have the release build on it and it runs fine.

I have a AT&T 640 that I have on the fast ring and it works well. I set the 640 to the UK region and it runs smoothly.

I do have an issue where my 640 where the region and language keep resetting to US English from time to time.
    05-10-2016 10:17 AM
    I have 3 insider phones now, the nice thing is when there is a problem I can send feedback to hopefully fix the problem. Also reset the phone will fix a lot of problems, other phones one might have to take the phone into the store for a tech to fix and if it can't, a new phone maybe required.
    It's great being able to contribute to software of the PC and phone so a better piece of equipment can be out on the market.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    05-10-2016 10:21 AM
    Nothing is perfect, and there is always a glitch somewhere, But Windows 10 runs every bit as good as any other operating system I have used. I tend to believe the people who are not having problems over the ones who are. The world is ending and this is crap OS, well those are haters, How do you fix this and what do I do about it, well those are users. Then there are those of us who really have no problems and find no reason to complain and try to help those who do. If you are running the release version of Windows 10 and having problems, chances are it is one of the app's you have loaded, try running it with out all your app,s and see how it works on your device and then start loading your stuff one at a time and I'm sure you will find your problem. But then what do us Troll's know.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    05-10-2016 10:58 AM
    Lie! I use 640LTE and after hard reset, w10m works somehow good just first few days. Than start lagging on lock screen, even phone dialer is slow. Not to mention WhatsApp and Viber... So frustrating and the Edge is so slow and not responsive. Try to open desktop view sites of phonearena, gsmarena etc.
    So, do not telling me that is working fine on 640!
    What build are you on? What Insider Ring if any?
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    05-10-2016 11:56 AM
    It seems like the term "Lagdroid" is more suitable to Windows 10 Mobile from now on.
    The more l use the new OS the worse the experience l get. Apps crashes more often, device always runs out of memory, the 'resuming' symptom is never ending, and why in the bloody hell that all apps that I've already closed keeps coming back when l press the back button.

To make matters worse, this isn't the Preview that I'm using. Anyone who doesn't have many experience with windows or even l who's been a WP user for years find it frustrating as if l am using a beta version.
    You have that problem too!! (Returning apps by pressing the back button even when you've closed all apps). The only way for W10M to work flawlessly is by not using it at all, and I have my doubts.
    curseoftheninja likes this.
    05-10-2016 12:22 PM
    No such issue on Lumia 640 either. Working perfectly after a hard reset, though. So did you do a hard reset?
    Why do all you keep asking for a hard reset? Is W10M such a bad OS that requires a Hard Reset every update? That does not happen on desktop version. Whatever...
    05-10-2016 12:26 PM
    Why do all you keep asking for a hard reset? Is W10M such a bad OS that requires a Hard Reset every update? That does not happen on desktop version. Whatever...
    Reset had always been recommended every UPGRADE not update. When going from 8 to 8.1 this was seen.

When going from 8.1 to 10 it is the same. I Reset all my devices once on Upgrade and have taken updates since without issue. It simply blows out the residual gunk from the last version... Phone, Tablet, PC, what have you.

YMMV of course.
    Jamar Wright likes this.
    05-10-2016 12:33 PM
    Because is a new feature, apps stay in background as other o.s., ready for use.
    Long press back button for opening Task Manager, then slide down the app you deside to close.
    NOP, after you have closed every single app, and the Task Manager "is empty", sometimes you press the Back button and from nothing an app shows up, you impress yourself, you close the app using the Task Manager and made sure it "is empty", then you press the Back button again another app shows up, ... repeat the operation until W10M stops.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 05-10-2016 at 12:59 PM.
    05-10-2016 12:35 PM
    NOP, after you have closed every single app, and the Task Manager "is empty", sometimes you press the Back button and from nothing an app shows up, you impress yourself, you close the app using the Task Manager and made sure it "is empty", then you press the Back button again another app shows up, ... repeat the operation until W10M stops.
    Yup that behaviour has for long annoyed me. I don't know what happens there but it has something to do with how tombstonning apps have changed since 8.1 to 10 transition.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 05-10-2016 at 01:00 PM. Reason: cleanup on aisle 5
    rinosaur, Joe920 and azilgath like this.
    05-10-2016 12:56 PM
    Yup that behaviour has for long annoyed me. I don't know what happens there but it has something to do with how tombstonning apps have changed since 8.1 to 10 transition.

I've not seen this, ever... And I'm always in mutitask mode closing Apps.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    05-10-2016 01:01 PM
    To answer all the questions, I'm running windows 10m both on my 830 and 1020. I've been participating and running the pre release OS versions ever since the launch of 8.1.

It was a few months ago since l got tired of never ending troubleshooting the beta. So l flashed my 830 with the 8.1 then clean installed the official release. I've also done few hard resets from then running the win10m official. I'm also soft resetting more often in the official release than the beta.
    In my experience when you do a hard reset. Don't restore from backup. Start everything fresh. Yes that means reinstalling all the apps manually but it's the only way to avoid all the problems you've had, that I also had to an extent. So (move all pictures/files/videos to SD Card or PC) do a Hard reset and don't restore from backup.
    05-10-2016 01:13 PM
    GF uses 920 and im 1020 - both W10 - both work well. Cant wait to get X3!
    05-10-2016 04:18 PM
132 12345 ...