What has happened to Windows 10m?

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It seems like the term "Lagdroid" is more suitable to Windows 10 Mobile from now on.
The more l use the new OS the worse the experience l get. Apps crashes more often, device always runs out of memory, the 'resuming' symptom is never ending, and why in the bloody hell that all apps that I've already closed keeps coming back when l press the back button.

To make matters worse, this isn't the Preview that I'm using. Anyone who doesn't have many experience with windows or even l who's been a WP user for years find it frustrating as if l am using a beta version.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
It seems like the term "Lagdroid" is more suitable to Windows 10 Mobile from now on.
The more l use the new OS the worse the experience l get. Apps crashes more often, device always runs out of memory, the 'resuming' symptom is never ending, and why in the bloody hell that all apps that I've already closed keeps coming back when l press the back button.

To make matters worse, this isn't the Preview that I'm using. Anyone who doesn't have many experience with windows or even l who's been a WP user for years find it frustrating as if l am using a beta version.

Which phone and build are you talking about?

that's not true, most of us use W10M flawlessy as daily driver

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
What troubleshooting have you done?
And what phone do you have?
I don't have any of the issues you mention on my Lumia 930 running official build .218.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Because is a new feature, apps stay in background as other o.s., ready for use.
Long press back button for opening Task Manager, then slide down the app you deside to close.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
To answer all the questions, I'm running windows 10m both on my 830 and 1020. I've been participating and running the pre release OS versions ever since the launch of 8.1.

It was a few months ago since l got tired of never ending troubleshooting the beta. So l flashed my 830 with the 8.1 then clean installed the official release. I've also done few hard resets from then running the win10m official. I'm also soft resetting more often in the official release than the beta.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
10 is slower at some things than 8.1. But has more features. A clean install rather than an upgrade helps a bit. I never had to soft reset my 830 so suggest the clean install path. And staying on production releases.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
830 is a 2 year old subpar device at best. Buy a phone meant for Windows 10.

To answer all the questions, I'm running windows 10m both on my 830 and 1020. I've been participating and running the pre release OS versions ever since the launch of 8.1.

It was a few months ago since l got tired of never ending troubleshooting the beta. So l flashed my 830 with the 8.1 then clean installed the official release. I've also done few hard resets from then running the win10m official. I'm also soft resetting more often in the official release than the beta.

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I think unfortunately your devices are challenged by an OS that needs slightly more capable SOCs (and more RAM on the 830). Sad fact of how quickly the smartphone industry goes. If it helps any, my wife's old iPhone 4S, which serves as a music streamer in the kitchen, runs like a dog on life support on iOS 9 when switching any app.

Consider getting together with a Windows Phone friend and splitting the costs 60/40 on the 950 XL/950 bundle. :smile:

(I don't think I've ever seen "Resuming..." on my 950 XL)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
830 is a 2 year old subpar device at best. Buy a phone meant for Windows 10.

I enjoyed using an 830. It was overpriced on release, but is a fine handset. Snapdragon 400 is a capable SoC and 1GB RAM is fine. Many SD400/1GB devices are running W10M just fine including my 640.

Consider getting together with a Windows Phone friend and splitting the costs 60/40 on the 950 XL/950 bundle. :smile:

That deal is over and was US/Canada only...

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 830 on Windows 10, and two Lumia 950 XLs I just purchased and set-up for family members. Suffice it to say the speed, fluidity, and overall experience are much different between the two devices. Only thing better about the 830 is the way it looks.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
-Nadella happened

10 is slower at some things than 8.1. But has more features. A clean install rather than an upgrade helps a bit. I never had to soft reset my 830 so suggest the clean install path. And staying on production releases.

and also faster at others, and yea it has new features, but also missing features, what I normally call a "sidegrade" not an upgrade, but since 8.1 will die momentarily, w10m will be it for anyone expecting a proper smartphone OS going forward

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site

Sadly, our beloved 1020 is not capable to run wm10. Get a 1520 and you'll love how smooth WM10 on it. Heck even 14332 blazing fast on it, not much bugs at all.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I used to have something wrong with my car, my dad (a car mechanic) always used to say "it's the nut behind the wheel"...

Stergios Tozas

May 5, 2016
Visit site
No such issue on Lumia 640 either. Working perfectly after a hard reset, though. So did you do a hard reset?

Hard reset is a necessity for your Lumia to work flawlessly. When I got my brand new 950 I had been prompted to reinstall my previous Lumia 730 backup data from the cloud. For two months almost nothing worked fine. Full of crashes, bugs and I don't know what else. I wanted my 8.1 back. Then, I decided to hard reset my phoneand almost everything worked very very nice... Few bugs it's ok, it's a new OS, will be fixed. Microsoft's bad was to let me regain backup data. Don't let people do this if you are not ready MS. Until the hard reset I communicated other people around me my bad/worse windows 10 experience. Why "let" me do this as a customer? So, hard reset for a nice wm10 experience.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
My wife's 830 and my 1520 are both running the latest production build just fine, we had both been on insiders but the last build had a few issues and I wanted an easy life so went back and the 830 doesn't go any slower than the 1520 on day to day stuff.

Grant Taylor3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
The Lumia 1020 is not officially getting Windows 10 Mobile for a reason.

Do not blame Microsoft for a laggy OS when they told you to leave the Lumia 1020 on 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)