What has happened to Windows 10m?

illy khan

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Lie! I use 640LTE and after hard reset, w10m works somehow good just first few days. Than start lagging on lock screen, even phone dialer is slow. Not to mention WhatsApp and Viber... So frustrating and the Edge is so slow and not responsive. Try to open desktop view sites of phonearena, gsmarena etc.
So, do not telling me that is working fine on 640!

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Wow you have high standard of ROMs, respect that.

According to the same standard I guess the w10m insider builds are all garbage level of quality to you?

Nope, my w10m works great on my 1020. fast, smooth, great battery life. lollipop on my s2x and note 1 were horrid slow, laggy had to charge in 4 hrs and most of the time just LOCKED up. Big difference in my android phones with both stock and custom and my w10m running 242.

Nelle Douville

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I find it really hard to believe people saying that they have no bugs and that their W10M device works perfect ... Either you are not using your phone or you are just trolling us.

I've had issues, known issues from an Insider build that were corrected with the next build a few days later. Otherwise, my 950 has been a wonderful phone, and yes, I do use it. Same deal on the desktop side with an Inspiron 7459.

I don't get upset with bugs. I signed on to test this stuff. I know it is all a work in progress, but I get the software for free. I'm no tech wizard, so I find it fun to explore these things.

Grant Taylor3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I use mg 950 as my daily driver. I have the release build on it and it runs fine.

I have a AT&T 640 that I have on the fast ring and it works well. I set the 640 to the UK region and it runs smoothly.

I do have an issue where my 640 where the region and language keep resetting to US English from time to time.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I have 3 insider phones now, the nice thing is when there is a problem I can send feedback to hopefully fix the problem. Also reset the phone will fix a lot of problems, other phones one might have to take the phone into the store for a tech to fix and if it can't, a new phone maybe required.
It's great being able to contribute to software of the PC and phone so a better piece of equipment can be out on the market.

Kevin Hill2

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I find it really hard to believe people saying that they have no bugs and that their W10M device works perfect ... Either you are not using your phone or you are just trolling us.

Nothing is perfect, and there is always a glitch somewhere, But Windows 10 runs every bit as good as any other operating system I have used. I tend to believe the people who are not having problems over the ones who are. The world is ending and this is crap OS, well those are haters, How do you fix this and what do I do about it, well those are users. Then there are those of us who really have no problems and find no reason to complain and try to help those who do. If you are running the release version of Windows 10 and having problems, chances are it is one of the app's you have loaded, try running it with out all your app,s and see how it works on your device and then start loading your stuff one at a time and I'm sure you will find your problem. But then what do us Troll's know.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Lie! I use 640LTE and after hard reset, w10m works somehow good just first few days. Than start lagging on lock screen, even phone dialer is slow. Not to mention WhatsApp and Viber... So frustrating and the Edge is so slow and not responsive. Try to open desktop view sites of phonearena, gsmarena etc.
So, do not telling me that is working fine on 640!

What build are you on? What Insider Ring if any?

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
It seems like the term "Lagdroid" is more suitable to Windows 10 Mobile from now on.
The more l use the new OS the worse the experience l get. Apps crashes more often, device always runs out of memory, the 'resuming' symptom is never ending, and why in the bloody hell that all apps that I've already closed keeps coming back when l press the back button.

To make matters worse, this isn't the Preview that I'm using. Anyone who doesn't have many experience with windows or even l who's been a WP user for years find it frustrating as if l am using a beta version.

You have that problem too!! (Returning apps by pressing the back button even when you've closed all apps). The only way for W10M to work flawlessly is by not using it at all, and I have my doubts.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Why do all you keep asking for a hard reset? Is W10M such a bad OS that requires a Hard Reset every update? That does not happen on desktop version. Whatever...

Reset had always been recommended every UPGRADE not update. When going from 8 to 8.1 this was seen.

When going from 8.1 to 10 it is the same. I Reset all my devices once on Upgrade and have taken updates since without issue. It simply blows out the residual gunk from the last version... Phone, Tablet, PC, what have you.

YMMV of course.

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Because is a new feature, apps stay in background as other o.s., ready for use.
Long press back button for opening Task Manager, then slide down the app you deside to close.

NOP, after you have closed every single app, and the Task Manager "is empty", sometimes you press the Back button and from nothing an app shows up, you impress yourself, you close the app using the Task Manager and made sure it "is empty", then you press the Back button again another app shows up, ... repeat the operation until W10M stops.

Last edited by a moderator:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
NOP, after you have closed every single app, and the Task Manager "is empty", sometimes you press the Back button and from nothing an app shows up, you impress yourself, you close the app using the Task Manager and made sure it "is empty", then you press the Back button again another app shows up, ... repeat the operation until W10M stops.

Yup that behaviour has for long annoyed me. I don't know what happens there but it has something to do with how tombstonning apps have changed since 8.1 to 10 transition.

Last edited by a moderator:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Yup that behaviour has for long annoyed me. I don't know what happens there but it has something to do with how tombstonning apps have changed since 8.1 to 10 transition.

I've not seen this, ever... And I'm always in mutitask mode closing Apps.

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
To answer all the questions, I'm running windows 10m both on my 830 and 1020. I've been participating and running the pre release OS versions ever since the launch of 8.1.

It was a few months ago since l got tired of never ending troubleshooting the beta. So l flashed my 830 with the 8.1 then clean installed the official release. I've also done few hard resets from then running the win10m official. I'm also soft resetting more often in the official release than the beta.

In my experience when you do a hard reset. Don't restore from backup. Start everything fresh. Yes that means reinstalling all the apps manually but it's the only way to avoid all the problems you've had, that I also had to an extent. So (move all pictures/files/videos to SD Card or PC) do a Hard reset and don't restore from backup.

Abdul9

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I think we have two or three kind of people here is the difference. People that get excited about every update and could care less about the bugs cos they're expecting more. People that are neutral. And people like me that are fed up of having to expect bug fixes for the most basic features or that find some bugs plain unacceptable. Now here's the question, who here would tell me that WM10 as at all ready for release when they released it with the l950xl? Well I can tell you it wasn't and still isn't. I'm just fed up with lag on a device that has more cores and speed than the l1520 I used to use and when I compare both, it would seem my l950xl is the inferior product.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree that W10M wasn't ready when they released the 950 series, I actually returned my 950 after a month and used my M8 with the insider build. That actually ran decent. But nowadays I'm pretty happy with W10M as a whole - the only thing that reall nags me is that the voice recorder stops once the screen turns off! Messed up a few interviews (third party apps work just fine, seriously MS?).

I've a 950XL now as well and while I'm not experiencing lag/performance issues of the sorts, I do have a speaker that hisses and pops, and a creaky backplate (fixed it with ductape on the inside). That really shouldn't be on a phone this expensive...

In terms of fit & finish, It definitly can't top my good old M8 - that thing was amazing craftmanship. Not that I hate my 950XL, it just doesn't feel/look like a flagship device, even with a mozo cover (although that helps a ton!).

I'm looking forward to the X3 or something that resembles the M8. Till then, I'll be flaunting my 950XL with orange cover!

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Nope, my w10m works great on my 1020. fast, smooth, great battery life. lollipop on my s2x and note 1 were horrid slow, laggy had to charge in 4 hrs and most of the time just LOCKED up. Big difference in my android phones with both stock and custom and my w10m running 242.
Well the i9100 running CM12 should be like this, very smooth and responsive than those more-powerful QCom S4 equipped 1st gen WP8 devices on WP8.1/W10M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUYANbwxLms

However I read those US carrier variants (I777 for AT&T/T989 for T-mobile) are having more troubles adapting 3rd party ROMs than the universal version (i9100) so I'm guessing that might be your case.

Similar situation in ATIV S, the universal version (i8750) are easily hacked and adapting w10m than those carrier variants.

pettor

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the same experience as OP. I am using a 930 and it's a crippled device filled with bugs, lag, resume screens and crashes! I love WP8.1 but this is far from it. Tried resetting The phone 2 times and it usually work good the first days but then just becomes the same mess. I don't enjoy using the phone anymore :(

Some issues I have:
- Phone resetting about 3 times per week on average.
- Rich capture camera contains artifacts (about 3 red lines on the final picture) which makes it useless.
- Soooo slow. WP8.1 was just a lot faster.
- Battery life is basically down to recharge twice every day and the phone can sometimes get very hot without getting cold again for a long time (without doing anything).
- Can't use speaker mode for calls.
- Audio recording doesn't work.
- Edge crashes everytime I try to Google (from the url field) using multiple words (searching for "cat" works but "mad cat" will crash the browser).
- The previously opened app is often gone from the "opened apps" window.
- (Not really WM fault) Spotify app is so bad I will soon go mad.
- DON'T remind me that the audio level can damage my hearing for the 100000th time.

Except for Spotify app and Audio level notifications none of the others existed when using WP8.1. The speaker mode for calls and being able to record audio stopped to work the second I upgraded.

And maybe this seems strange, but somehow the "fun" is gone. Previously I had no issue with the "app gap" because the OS was such a joy to use. The home screen was a mini-game by itself and everything was so fast, smooth, beautiful, snappy and just transitioned in a nice way. Now it really feels like a desktop OS somehow.

I do believe they can get WM10 on the right path again, but I will wait for that. Android is finally good enough to use for me and therefore I will be using that until I hear more satisfaction from WM. Lumia 1020 is such a good memory and I think that will be my favorite phone experience for a long long time.

I should also say that on my Surface computer Windows 10 is a pure bliss to use. Love it!

Last edited:

Lagur

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
My L1320 with .242 is very stable in my opinion.

Now observing .318, so far the experience is the same but I hope to see some improvements.

? Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
? Fix for a problem that could result in unexpected battery drain while the phone screen is off.
? Fix for a problem that could result in the phone to hang or restart when visiting certain web pages in Microsoft Edge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99