Windows 10 mobile cannot download attachments (images) received in mail

rnoynet

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Hello!

When receiving an image via email, the phone does not open/download the image either automatically or manually.
It says: "We're sorry, we couldn't complete the download. Plese try again later."
What can be done? Is it some set up thingy?

The same mail sent to my other phone, which has Android, works normally

Lumia 640 XL Dual SIM , Windows 10 mobile

Thanks

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Could be all sorts. Close the mail app using the task manager (back button long press) and try again.

Check you have updates installed in the Store (even though they should auto-update).

What OS version are you on?

Albert Metelsky

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I just tried on my 950xl and was able to open an emailed photo. Try sending a photo to yourself and see if you can open that.

Sent from one of many Windows 10 Devices! 😁

rnoynet

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
When I tried to send smaller image, it worked. Then I did what you said long pressing the back button.. and checked that I have latest everything 'Windows 10 mobile'.. and it started to function with all the images!

Thanks a lot!

Thinking of the error message received, it could have been more explanatory! This must be due to being still a little raw system, but getting better all the time,

Currently I need three different SIMs, two of them are in Lumia 640 XL Dual SIM, and one in Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Nice to compare OS?s. Really interesting this Windows 10 in phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte