Turn off Video Camera Notification Sound

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know how to turn off the sound that triggers when you start doing video recordings? On my 950XL, even with the ringer at 5, it's quite loud and annoying, especially when I'm trying to record something like a bird or squirrel at my bird feeder without them freaking out and scattering. It's also fun at parties...not! The only setting I see is for the notification sounds. I didn't see anything in the Camera app, unless I just outright missed it.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know how to turn off the sound that triggers when you start doing video recordings? On my 950XL, even with the ringer at 5, it's quite loud and annoying, especially when I'm trying to record something like a bird or squirrel at my bird feeder without them freaking out and scattering. It's also fun at parties...not! The only setting I see is for the notification sounds. I didn't see anything in the Camera app, unless I just outright missed it.

the setting you saw was in settings > system >notifications?

Can you also check settings > personalisation > sounds > play a sound for I found these activate or deactivate camera sounds

Let me know is this helps

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
That's where I started. But it just says Camera Shutter. I turned that off and, lo and behold, the video start/stop sound is turned off by this setting as well. They should either better label that setting, or have separate ones for shutter and video.

Thanks.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
That's where I started. But it just says Camera Shutter. I turned that off and, lo and behold, the video start/stop sound is turned off by this setting as well. They should either better label that setting, or have separate ones for shutter and video.

Thanks.

well video and camera are in the same app so you could expect common settings. But yes, we should have separated settings within the camera app and not in general settings. Though what I can see is that there are many camera apps we use thus it makes some sense to have a common setting for all apps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar