Getting official release after insider preiview?

calvooo

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Hy,
I need some help. Few days ago I decided to be Insider. Downloading app, subscribed to be insider, all done right.
But I never install insider preview...for some reason I decided that way. (my update settings are set to manual)
Now the question is, will I receive official update from MS when it comes out? Because, when I go in update menu it shows me insider preview is ready to download.

And yes, I log out from being insider.
My phone is lumia 650 with latest official build .218
Thanks

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, the only way to clear the pending update is a hard reset.
You won't be able to download any other builds without clearing the pending one.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
In all honesty though, there won't be any difference in the builds.
So you may as well install the insider preview build that is showing ready to download.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
You can always launch Insider again, and change to the Production builds. You'll get a new update when something is released officially at a higher version number than what you have.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok thanks. And after installing this preview build, will I receive new update?

Accepting the preview build does not get you off of Insider and back on Official.

You can't have both. You are either on Insider or Official builds.

Pick your path.

Insider: Accept the pending build and the next ones in the Ring you have chosen. The most stable Insider Ring is Release. It will move to Redstone builds before Official does, but those builds should be well vetted by then and cause only minimal disruption. You did not say which Ring you selected. If you selected Fast or Slow, then by your posts it is clear you are not ready. Do not accept the pending build if it is Fast or Slow. Move on to option 3, Escape Hatch.

Wait for Official to catch up to you: Accept the pending build (only if you selecet Release Ring) and then move from Release to Production Ring using Insider. You will stay at the build you have until an Official build is at a higher level, then that will come to you OTA. Remove Insider from your phone after you withdraw to Production.

Escape Hatch: Use WDRT to revert your phone to stock. Check for any OTA updates to get back to current Official. Do not install the Insider App or if it installs itself, uninstall it.

Please read this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...der-testing-you-[recommended-guidelines].html

calvooo

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for help. Yesterday I install .242 build, log out from insider program.
Today I receive official .318 update and installing right now.

VishKi

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Just one question.

I am on Insider build of 10.0.14332.1001 & i want to install the Production build of 10586 ( i know these 2 builds are of different branches altogether!). I want to go to 10586, so should i use WRDT & install 8.1 & then go to Win 10 (10586)?.

Also, Why doesnt WRDT have Win 10 rather than Win 8

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just one question.

I am on Insider build of 10.0.14332.1001 & i want to install the Production build of 10586 ( i know these 2 builds are of different branches altogether!). I want to go to 10586, so should i use WRDT & install 8.1 & then go to Win 10 (10586)?.

Also, Why doesnt WRDT have Win 10 rather than Win 8

Yes... You HAVE to go through WDRT first. Then use Upgrade Advisor if your device is eligible or Insider Release if it is not on the eligible list. Phones Eligible for Windows 10 Mobile Official

Why doesn't WDRT flash W10M for devices less than x50? Because W10M is opt in right now. There is no OTA for W10M without an additional App (Advisor or Insider) so WDRT is left as an opt out method. I imagine this will change in the future, but have no idea when.

VishKi

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes... You HAVE to go through WDRT first. Then use Upgrade Advisor if your device is eligible or Insider Release if it is not on the eligible list. Phones Eligible for Windows 10 Mobile Official

Why doesn't WDRT flash W10M for devices less than x50? Because W10M is opt in right now. There is no OTA for W10M without an additional App (Advisor or Insider) so WDRT is left as an opt out method. I imagine this will change in the future, but have no idea when.

Thank you very much for your response. Forgot to mention i use L730 :). I used the WDRT & flashed Win 8 on my phone. Will install Win 10 tonight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss