W10M Official Release Build 10586.318 Issues

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Here's what's been fixed and improved for Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.318

Change Log

• Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
  • Fix for a problem that could result in unexpected battery drain while the phone screen is off.
  • Improvements to the update system to prevent phones getting into a state where attempting to take an update may lead to errors 0x800f081f or 0x80070570.
  • Fix for a problem that caused some phones to finish the initial setup wizard with an incomplete set of app tiles on the Start screen.
  • Improvements to the reliability of USB-C connections.
  • Improvements to Cortana, including a fix for a problem where music playback would not resume after dismissing an incoming text, and a problem with Quiet Hours not setting automatic rules for every day.
  • Fix for a problem that could result in the phone to hang or restart when visiting certain web pages in Microsoft Edge.
  • Fix for a problem that caused recorded video to be lost when answering an incoming call on some phones.
  • Improvements for reliability of internet connection sharing (ICS) and tethering.
  • Fix for a problem that caused the navigation bar to overlay and hide part of the screen for some apps on certain phones.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Downloading x 2 (1520 - Official and 640 - Release).

Expect my laptop will grab it today as well. Wonder if my 2520 will get anything LOL.

dthames07021

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My 950xl has been unable to find any updates for production and preview since I got on .218. Any reason why you guys think it is not finding updates? On ATT with dual sim unlocked.

dthames07021

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Production build .318 just download in less than 10 minutes

It seems I am unable to update on my 950xl. It hasn't been able to find any updates on either production or release preview since I upgraded to .218.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My 950xl has been unable to find any updates for production and preview since I got on .218. Any reason why you guys think it is not finding updates? On ATT with dual sim unlocked.

There hasn't been an update to Production (Official) since .218 until today. AT&T should not matter on this one. It might be in batches by Region (I'm on the San Antonio servers) or by devices.

Stay clam and keep checking. If you don't see anything by end of day tomorrow then it may be an issue.

As for "preview," open Windows Insider > ellipses (...) > About > verify what Ring you are on. If it says Production, no worries see the above. If says anything else, let us know.

dthames07021

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
There hasn't been an update to Production (Official) since .218 until today. AT&T should not matter on this one. It might be in batches by Region (I'm on the San Antonio servers) or by devices.

Stay clam and keep checking. If you don't see anything by end of day tomorrow then it may be an issue.

As for "preview," open Windows Insider > ellipses (...) > About > verify what Ring you are on. If it says Production, no worries see the above. If says anything else, let us know.

Wasn't there one for release preview within the past couple of weeks, .242 maybe? I am on that insider preview ring and couldn't update. Now this one is not showing up for me either.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Here's what's been fixed and improved for Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.318

Change Log

• Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
  • Fix for a problem that could result in unexpected battery drain while the phone screen is off.
  • Improvements to the update system to prevent phones getting into a state where attempting to take an update may lead to errors 0x800f081f or 0x80070570.
  • Fix for a problem that caused some phones to finish the initial setup wizard with an incomplete set of app tiles on the Start screen.
  • Improvements to the reliability of USB-C connections.
  • Improvements to Cortana, including a fix for a problem where music playback would not resume after dismissing an incoming text, and a problem with Quiet Hours not setting automatic rules for every day.
  • Fix for a problem that could result in the phone to hang or restart when visiting certain web pages in Microsoft Edge.
  • Fix for a problem that caused recorded video to be lost when answering an incoming call on some phones.
    [*]Improvements for reliability of internet connection sharing (ICS) and tethering.
  • Fix for a problem that caused the navigation bar to overlay and hide part of the screen for some apps on certain phones.

stops working after screen times out or you lock the phone

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wasn't there one for release preview within the past couple of weeks, .242 maybe? I am on that insider preview ring and couldn't update. Now this one is not showing up for me either.

Yes. 10586.242 was on Release ring for some time.

Please can you verify this:
...open Windows Insider > ellipses (...) > About > verify what Ring you are on. If it says Production, no worries see the above. If says anything else, let us know.

Because if you went Production that explains everything. If you are still on Release then we can hunt for a cause/solution. You seem to be implying that you are on Release without confirming you checked the path described to verify.

nokiabolt

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I have had problems with .242 not showing Flashlight for first day or so, but it pops up after a day or two again, for me at least. Probably files settling in after update. I would wait 2 days first..

dthames07021

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes. 10586.242 was on Release ring for some time.

Please can you verify this:

Because if you went Production that explains everything. If you are still on Release then we can hunt for a cause/solution. You seem to be implying that you are on Release without confirming you checked the path described to verify.

I apologize, i checked the path in the insider app and i am verified to be on the release preview ring. I am starting to think i may have to hard reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad